[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - [ATTITUDE MODE] pid adjustment

[ATTITUDE MODE] pid adjustment

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

[ATTITUDE MODE] pid adjustment

Postby gionag » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:49 am

gionag

Re: [ATTITUDE MODE] pid adjustment

Postby gionag » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:12 pm

UPDATE...

just for recap : Quad-X, 2.4 kg (full-load), MT2814-10 770kv, CC Phoenix 35A, 13x8 prop on 4400mah 3s.

For a good flight now i use (only the values that i have changed from the default 6.6r33) :

- tilt RATE D = 4000
- tilt angle P = 20
- tilt angle I = 0.0010
- tilt angle D = 1400
- yaw angle P = 0.1

the only thing remain to fix is the "recover" time... the quad seems Lazy in turning back to horizontal position... no overshoot, no undershoot... perfect in flying angled and in hover, but is very slow in turning back to horizontal. what do you think about ?

thanks
gionag

Postby kinderkram » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:07 pm

You should first play with Tilt Rate P & I and then increase Tilt Angle D if necessary.
kinderkram

Postby gionag » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:33 am

Is it intended to be 0 @ default... Right ? Because for now i've leaved them to stock. Which values are to be expected ?
gionag

Postby JussiH » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:54 pm

JussiH

Postby gionag » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:31 pm

So do you think an tilt angle "P" of 20 is wrong ? (the one i use...)

this is the procedure that i use:
reduce tilt angle P until stops oscillating, then, pushing an arm of the quad upward i observed the recovery from that perturbation... so i have adjusted the tilt angle D to have a nice and precise recover without the minum overshoot / undershoot possible...

for the I term i don't know what to look... maybe the persistance at a certain angle ?

and... another thing i can't explain is the role ot tilt rate D. seems to me like the angle D.

can you try to explain more in detail what i have to observe for understand the parameters to tweak ? how do you do that ? i don't think we have to move randomly values until magically fly awesome :D
gionag

Postby JussiH » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Its all explained in more detail in the Wiki:

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/flying/tu ... eshooting/
JussiH

Postby gionag » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:23 am

reading that : http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/flying/tu ... de-tuning/

but how i can check if the rate controller works as expected ? and for the angle ?

in the wiki is well reported the theorical model behind pid... and how is implemented in autoquad. ok... but from a pratical point of view... how can i extimate if the values is ok ? in particular, is very difficult to understand if a problem come from the rate controller (inner loop) or fron the angle (outer loop) one.

there are some empirical method ?
gionag

Postby mr_westie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:31 pm

The videos show a pretty good example of what to look for. :)
It helped me.
mr_westie

Return to PID Tuning