[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - something is going wrong with my AQ / settings

something is going wrong with my AQ / settings

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

something is going wrong with my AQ / settings

Postby teramax » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Hello
The last 2 month i spend with silent reading and following this place but now i am stuck with my AQ.
I have a very stable (roll/nick/yaw) well balanced Hexa X, Frame is F550 clone, Motors MT 2216/900 (balanced),
ESC first ESC32 than DYS 40A SinonK (calibrated extra once more before this flight)
Props running either 10x5 or 9x5 Graupner eProps (balanzed) and battery is 4s8000 Zippy.
AUW meanwhile 2180g.
AQ FW.: Version v6.6 r33
RC: Spektrum

I kicked out the WKM and made place for the AQ but all tuning and troubleshooting does not make this rig stable hover. Not in manual and also not in GPS/PH mode.
RTH and PH works unbelievable :o never seen something else that could compete!

Heres a short video of bumping "ignore the crazy dog ;) "

Motors are:Thr./Pitch/Roll/Yaw
0-front left 100/100/100/-100
1-left 100/0/75/100
2-rear left 100/-100/100/-100
3-front right 100/100/-100/100
4-right 100/0/-75/-100
5-rear right 100/-100/-100/100

1. When i look at the LOG_MOT_MOTOR0 compared to LOG_MOT_MOTOR1 i wonder why the both (left and right) motors do at a stable hover (rig balanced) less than the oters. :?:

So it puzzles me that something basic is going wrong here.

Log of this flight is uploaded here:
Screenshots from current settings can be found here:

Thanks for attention
Marcus
Last edited by teramax on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Re: something is going wrong with my AQ / settings

Postby sandmen » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:40 pm

marcus, your screen shots are not available.
sandmen

Postby kinderkram » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Yes, please check the link to your screenies. Looks like your attitude PIDs need some tuning...
btw: how did you mount the FC? Is it in the center and how is it fixated?
kinderkram

Postby teramax » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:18 pm

my bad, did not double check on an other machine. Link should work now.
If not, img again here in the post:

Board is mounted between the two centerplates sticked with mirrortape than carbon adapterplate with nylon standoffs.
Ah and baro is covered with black foam.
teramax

Postby JussiH » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:53 am

JussiH

Postby teramax » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:14 pm

Hy
Whatever u or who ever did whith the SimonK improvements i think it was the wrong way.
Or is it just my special case that the copter sounds now like a rage of thousand angry hornets?

Did what Jussi told me to do but i dont think that in my case thats the problem (r37 and default parameters).
Please take a minute for the video i made and see the most stable bumping aircraft ever seen ;)

I have this special thing that the two outer motors (far left and far right) do not the same trottle (power, LOG) like all others in hover also is a huge temperature difference between these two and the four other engines. This might be the reason for this strange behavour. Motormixing (first post) is the one from the wiki.
Will post logs a little later.

Thanks
Marcus
Last edited by teramax on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teramax

Postby Max » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:34 pm

That's exactly what my Y6 does right now in the air, except less often. In my case I can actually see the vibrations set in on the arms, and then the AQ tries to climb. Once the vibes stop, it settles back down to a stable hover. My ACCZ graph looks very similar to yours -- about the same range of -8 to -12 but also with a few longer spikes going lower than -12 -- yours just has more of those than mine, which makes sense considering on mine the bad vibes aren't constant.

So either the ACCZ isn't a good indicator of vibrations, or we both have the same problem -- vibrations. Or maybe something else entirely is going on... I tried r37 hoping it was a motor timing problem (using flashed ESCs), but nothing changed.

BTW don't let timecop see that plastic "DJI" frame ;), and :lol: at the dog!

Oh yeah, that reminded me that supposedly the DJI flight controllers are well insulated against vibes inside their protective boxes. So maybe that's why it flew fine with the DJI but the AQ is not isolated enough?

-Max
Max

Postby teramax » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:03 pm

teramax

Postby Max » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Oh yeah and BTW I'm using MT motors as well -- 2814-10 (770KV). I never had these problems on the exact same frame and $10 KDA motors (and even the exact same props). Will be trying to balance the motor bells next, I guess. Were yours badly out of balance? And yea, I've spent hours balancing props and trying different ones. It gets better but does not go away.

Good luck with your test, let us know how it goes!

-Max
Max

Postby teramax » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:20 pm

Last edited by teramax on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
teramax

Next

Return to PID Tuning