[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Losing or gaining altitude during forward flight?

Losing or gaining altitude during forward flight?

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Losing or gaining altitude during forward flight?

Postby epyonxero » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Now that Ive finally gotten my Y6 to preform a smooth and stable hover Im moving on to ALT hold tuning. It seems to do a good job mantaining altitude during hover but with my current PIDs the copter gradually loses altitude during forward flight. I have the baro covered in foam. What parameter(s) should I look at to tune this?
epyonxero

Re: Losing or gaining altitude during forward flight?

Postby codeforge » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:21 pm

hi,
i get the same problem. I loss o gain altitude even in roll right or left... Do you resolve?
codeforge

Postby epyonxero » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:46 pm

No. Ive been having a hard time tuning my Alt hold. It seemed to have much better alt hold performance when my other PIDs were over controlling the copter. Now my manual mode is smoth and stable but alt hold is all over the place. this is with R22.
epyonxero

Postby codeforge » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:51 pm

When i fly outside the alt hold and position hold is perfect with default settings even with little bit wind. Inside when i hover at 2 or 3 meters and activate the alt/pos hold i loss altitude and my quad fall to ground always. Another problem that i get is the the quad drift a little bit to back and right and i don't know why, i think is a esc calibration problem.. Planning to buy esc32 that i think are best than simonk.

Thanks for fast reply, have luck and nice day
codeforge

Postby epyonxero » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:04 pm

epyonxero

Postby JussiH » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:17 pm

You should probably update. There has been a recent bug squashed in the altitude controller, that caused a jump when pos hold was activated, and we used to get rid of it by tuning the altitude controller way down. However, from R32 and above, this problem should be fixed and allow to use the default values for a tighter altitude hold.
JussiH

Postby codeforge » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:51 pm

i was mistake.
my quad fly when outside and keep altitude and position when outside. The problem is indoor, when i activate alt hold it drop. i check many post and i set throttle factor to the right value using log and graph.
I use 6.6 r33 compiled yesterday.
Anyway, when outside all found, alt pos hold is perfect and return to home too. When in manual my quad goes a little bit to back and right, after redoing esc calibration nothing change... i don't know why but yesterday it fly without this drift... i will go to check the radio deadband and settings.
codeforge

Postby epyonxero » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:40 pm

epyonxero

Postby Teletubbie » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Here you go:

V6.6 R22-29-30-32-33

All standard !

//Frank
Attachments
AQ.zip
(665.96 KiB) Downloaded 780 times
Last edited by Teletubbie on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teletubbie

Postby solution » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:28 pm

Hello
Is there 6.6R33 already with different Deadband for Throttle and the remaining sticks?
solution

Next

Return to PID Tuning