[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Unable to start Onboard Tare and Mag. Calibration

Unable to start Onboard Tare and Mag. Calibration

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Re: Unable to start Onboard Tare and Mag. Calibration

Postby chschmid » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:18 pm

It is correct to have the ALIGN params to zero. The DIMU has all the sensors on one chip with "no" misalignment.
When we used the analog sensors, ea on its own chip, there was a misalignment due to chip placement during production. These misalignments where corrected with the cal procedure and the values for it stored in the ALIGN params.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby zhlearnaq » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:39 am

hello plexus,
Thank you for your reply, what do you mean by "tuto"? Is it mean the process of gathering dynamic data or the software calculation? Have you solved the problem?
zhlearnaq

Postby zhlearnaq » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:52 am

chschmid,
Thank you for your reply, do you mean from the "DIMU Calibration Without Temperature Compensation", i can only get Accbias,Accscale,as well as gyroscale values? Just using those values, i got a unnormal attitude, the angle always waves a lot by itself, the tend is together with gyro waves. i don't know how to past a picture here.
At the same time, i have a confusion, if i do the "Fully Temperature Compensated IMU Calibration", those parameters should still be zero, am i right?
zhlearnaq

Postby plexus » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:19 am

plexus

Postby zhlearnaq » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:42 am

alain,
Thanks for your reply again, i want to do "DIMU Calibration Without Temperature Compensation" first, and this process do not need static calibration, a dynamic log file is enough, look at this:
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/configuri ... pensation/
i want to see the the different effect got by those two different calibration.
Alice
zhlearnaq

Postby zhlearnaq » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:58 am

I have found the reason, because i used a low version ground.
zhlearnaq

Postby Patnet » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:48 am

When running the M4 onboard mag calibration the blue light doesn't stop flashing after the others stop. When I save to ROM using the transmitter sticks I don't get the solid single flash mentioned in the wiki--the LEDs flash quickly. On release of the sticks, the FC returns to normal.

Is this a wiki error? Any ideas? Thanks.
Patnet

Postby Max » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:37 am

You need to keep spinning it until the all LEDs stop flashing (including the blue one). It can take a while to get that last bit of data needed, so just keep at it. What can be a bit confusing is that after the MAG calibration is complete, the green light starts flashing again (indicating disarmed condition). But since the blue LED is usually the last to turn off during calibration, it's not really a problem... just keep turning it in different directions until the blue goes off and green starts flashing again. THEN save the calibration.

-Max
Max

Postby Patnet » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:22 am

Thanks, Max.
Patnet

Postby Patnet » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:20 am

Hi Max, I did what you said and the green LED started flashing. I then performed Throttle L down and Roll R up to save and lost all settings. The FC went back to default. Never got the solid flash. Happened twice.

EDIT: Also, on http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/configuri ... libration/

the wiki says: "Before running onboard compass calibration, you need to set your magnetic declination and inclination in your Autoquad controller."

On http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/configuri ... nal-setup/

which is about setting the magnetic declanation

it says: "Only perform this step after all the calibrations and calculations are done."
Patnet

PreviousNext

Return to Calibration