[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Initial static calibration - comments please

Initial static calibration - comments please

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Initial static calibration - comments please

Postby GoFaster » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:50 pm

1. There are some jumps in the Rate and Voltage graphs. Is this unacceptable?

2. Even though they are from the same log file, the different plots seem to start at different points in the timeline. Does this matter - i.e. is calibration indexed to the temp within the specific log file?

AQ-201207119-1042-pointingdown-Temp012.png

AQ-201207119-1042-pointingdown-Voltage12.png

AQ-201207119-1042-pointingdown-Voltage3.png

AQ-201207119-1042-pointingdown-RateXYZ.png

AQ-201207119-1042-pointingdown-AccXYZ.png

AQ-201207119-1042-pointingdown-MagXYZ.png

AQ-201207119-1042-pointingdown-Pressure12.png
GoFaster

Re: Initial static calibration - comments please

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:57 pm

Sorry to say but these don't look good. Can't tell you why the graphs begin that late but I'm afraid you need to do it again.

Did you follow the recommendations using a zip lock bag and adding some silica or rice bags to get rid of humidity?
kinderkram

Postby GoFaster » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:13 pm

It's sitting through another warm up logging cycle right now. The posted graphs were with the board in a ziplock bag. I'm cooking (drying out) some silica packs that I found at the moment.

Can you please point out why it's not good? The jumps early on in the Rate and Voltage curve, the jitter (fat lines), the blobs, or what? So I know what to look for.

I don't understand why each time I select different values to plot and click "show curve" the resulting graphs appear later and later on the time line. They are all from the same log file.

Only thing I can think of is I had multiple log files (some 0 bytes) left on the uSD card from troubleshooting the card detect switch on the socket. I deleted all files before starting this ongoing logging cycle.

Thanks.
GoFaster

Postby bn999 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:56 pm

That discontinuity in the rate data does not look right. I've seen the gyo's "stick" sometimes as they change temperature, then snap back into place. Might also be condensation, but it looks too sharp for that.

Try again.
bn999

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:59 pm

The jumps in the rate curve are worst.

What you describe regarding the graphs showing up later & later sounds like bug in the GUI.
Does this also happen when you close the QGC each time after showing a graph?

btw: which OS are you using? Another user reported some strange graphical behaviour of the GUI.
kinderkram

Postby GoFaster » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:35 pm

It does look like a GUI bug. The graphs show up at the beginning of the time lime if it close and reopen QGC or if I reload the same log file. Otherwise each successive "show curve" starts off at where the last one ended - interval wise.
I am using Win7 32bit. I did have rendering problems (green shapes) in the HUD but was able to make it go away by going into Nvidia settings and enabling "Extension limit".

Below are the results of the 2nd static logging. Ziplock bag, no silica gel. Same location in my basement. Only obvious difference in the process and conditions is the opposite corner is pointing down.
It's back in the freezer. Will re-do first orientation again next.

Thanks,
- Felix

AQ-201207119-1400-pointingup-Temp012.png

AQ-201207119-1400-pointingup-Voltage12.png

AQ-201207119-1400-pointingup-Voltage3.png

AQ-201207119-1400-pointingup-RateXYZ.png

AQ-201207119-1400-pointingup-AccXYZ.png

AQ-201207119-1400-pointingup-MagXYZ.png

AQ-201207119-1400-pointingup-Pressure12.png
GoFaster

Postby GoFaster » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:41 am

How do the second set of calibration graphs look? Are they acceptable?
Thanks.
GoFaster

Postby bn999 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:31 pm

They look good to me.
bn999

Postby axelnied » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:50 am

I just completed my first freeze session (edge down) and just wanted to ask for some feedback, as this may also be educational to other users, on what looks "normal", or "good" or "not so good"... To me they look pretty good, I used the ziplock method.

My only real concern would be the "blue" line in the gyro (rate) plot, it shows a discontinuity, kinda unsteady incline... Vibrations etc would have shown in the ACC chart I suppose...

Any comments?

chart_temp_down_1.jpg
Temperature

chart_acc_down_1.jpg
ACC

chart_rate_down_1.jpg
rate (gyro)

chart_mag_down_1.jpg
Mag
axelnied

Postby bn999 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:56 pm

Mark this one as an example of what looks really good. I suspect that if you view raw voltages{012} instead of rate, you will find a smoother line. I have updated the default configuration parameters in v6.6 (the repo version) so that this will happen automatically.
bn999

Next

Return to Calibration