A bit confused about inclination/declination process

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

A bit confused about inclination/declination process

Postby LeoKian » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:41 pm

I've been trying to calibrate my board, but I'm having a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around how the inclination/declination calibration works. I saw a few other posts on this topic but I still don't fully understand it.

From what I gather, before step 3, we define the inclination of our location which is then used for the calculations. After we stop the calculations, then what? I don't really understand what the Calibration Settings box does. Do we put the inclination/declination we got from online in that, or do we use the new inclination and the declination from online? And when it gives me a new inclination, do I overwrite my old definition with the new one?

If I fly my copter far away from where I calibrated it, do I just put in the new inclination/declination I got online without running the calibration again?

My best guess is that I put in the raw online inclination of where I am calibrating it, run the calibration, then copy over the new inclination to overwrite the old. But where and how would I define the inclination/declination of a new place without running the whole calibration procedure again?
LeoKian

Re: A bit confused about inclination/declination process

Postby LPR » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:16 am

Leo

It takes quite a while to find your way around all the features in the QGC.
Look in Config for Misc. Settings.
Second box down on the left.

Larry
Attachments
MISC.png
LPR

Re: A bit confused about inclination/declination process

Postby LeoKian » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:46 am

Ah, thank you much. That clears up a lot.
LeoKian

Return to Calibration