[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Sigh - cannot get past static calibration

Sigh - cannot get past static calibration

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Sigh - cannot get past static calibration

Postby moellenb » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:20 pm

Attachments
MAG-dynamic-004.png
Magnetometers (Calibso)
MAG-dynamic-004.png (87.93 KiB) Viewed 16452 times
RATE-dynamic-004.png
Gyros (Calibso)
RATE-dynamic-004.png (58.35 KiB) Viewed 16452 times
ACC-dynamic-004.png
Accelerometers (Calibso)
ACC-dynamic-004.png (59.58 KiB) Viewed 16452 times
MAG-static-2.png
Magnetometers (static).
MAG-static-2.png (50.1 KiB) Viewed 16452 times
ACC-static-2.png
Accelerometers (static).
ACC-static-2.png (50.46 KiB) Viewed 16452 times
RATE-static-2.png
Gyro rate (static).
RATE-static-2.png (56.66 KiB) Viewed 16452 times
moellenb

Re: Sigh - cannot get past static calibration

Postby JussiH » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:26 pm

Exactly which version QGC and AQ FW are you using here.

Apart from the odd Gyro plot (which is probably some logviever vs fw version issue) and the 0 value on the acc align, things are looking normal for the first 3 steps far as I can tell.

For the gyros, try and plot voltage 0, 1 and 2 instead.

For the dynamic datas you are not allowing any still time at the beginning and end of the dynamic. Its important to have clean data in the beginning and end of the dynamic for at least 10 seconds...I usually let 20 pass.

500 MB is too long for sure. 90 mins produces around 350 Mb and thats the max I ever used. I have seen a tendency that too much data can screw things as well. Take a look at the temp1 curve and stop when the line becomes more or less flat. Thats usually in 60 or 90 mins depending on the container used and the lowest temp of the freezing cycle. You can cut them down from the back using the logviever cutting tool.

You can also try just using 1 or 2 static files.
JussiH

Postby moellenb » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:39 pm

Sorry, forgot to mention the SW versions:
I'm using QGC V1.4.0 and the firmware is aqv6.7.r224.b1400-rev1.hex. The board was purchased from Flyduino in Dec 2013 (so it's not an earlier revision).
What you see is the plots after preprocessing (i.e. cutting away the first and last few seconds). I used them as shown. Not good?
Here are plots of the gyro voltages:
RATE-Voltage-static-2.png
Gyro voltages (static).
RATE-Voltage-static-2.png (37.55 KiB) Viewed 16448 times

RATE-Voltage-dynamic-004.png
Gyro voltages (Calibso).
RATE-Voltage-dynamic-004.png (52.51 KiB) Viewed 16448 times

:) Thanks for responding so quickly!
moellenb

Postby JussiH » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:09 pm

Something is not normal with those gyros. Can you post the static file or upload it to dropbox or something, I would like to take a closer look at it.
JussiH

Postby moellenb » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:40 pm

It takes awhile to do the upload - even at 10 Mbit/s (and with zipped files)...

Password: 426823

I'll post a note here as soon as everything visible.

Cheers
Christian
Last edited by moellenb on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moellenb

Postby JussiH » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:55 pm

Sry, I meant to say the dynamic file. I dont need the statics...
JussiH

Postby moellenb » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:13 pm

The zip of dynamic files is already up there. It contains also the raw files (i.e. before I cut off the leading and trailing seconds). There are files from two Calibso dances. The one I used is number 004.
moellenb

Postby moellenb » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:59 am

All files should be accessible via the link posted above - could you download and find anything of interest?

Cheers
Christian
moellenb

Postby JussiH » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:44 am

I will take a look at this later today and reply back.
JussiH

Postby JussiH » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:28 pm

The dynamic file is currupted. Pls reupload.

I looked at the static and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. In fact its very good...

The static file was probably not done with R224. But it shouldnt matter, calibration uses the Raw ADC voltages and they are unchanged. Reason I can say they are probably not done with R224, is that you have Temp1 and 2 in there and as far as I remember those was removed from the logs by 224. Temp 0 is the important one.

In any case, u are doing good with the static files. The heating is slow (which is good) but possibly too slow if you want to reach higher temps. But 50C is more than enough.

Post the dynamic file again and I will try and run them through here.

Plots from the dynamic file:

GYO:

Gyros.png

ACC:

accels.png

MAG:

mags.png

Temp:

temp.png
JussiH

Next

Return to Calibration