[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Frustrated...

Frustrated...

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Frustrated...

Postby addigaz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:51 pm

So.
I got my AutoQuad two weeks ago and I'm going crazy!!
I did the static calibrations and they looked ok. (Files)
While doing calibration number two I fell asleep and it logged for 4 hours.
Than I danced the calibso 15 times. Some looked ok and some horrible.
Anyways.
I've put all the data into the QGroundcontrol and started to calculate.
Step 1-3 went through flawlessly and step 4a worked too but the computer crashed after a while.
So I decided to use the OS I'm using anyways (Linux) and compiled QGroundcontrol from scratch.
That made step 4a calculate endlessly. (Yea!!)
But then 4b came and it aborted after 2 loops by itself and I was wondering what might cause this.
After a while I cut the static calibration2 (4hours) to 1 hour and started all the calculations again.
Finally all went through...... Nice! I was happy for the fact that the numbers looked good and the calculation worked without aborting itself.
Well, after I transmitted the data and wrote them to ROM I thought I could try out what it really did.
So I armed the copter and raised the height a bit.
The copter wiggles around and is not flyable (like it needs PID settings) but the worst part is that all my inputs come delayed!! So to the front and back is damn lame and Yaw is crazy! If I go to the left it goes on turning to the left and then back to the right. It takes 3 seconds to react and goes on to turning to the right!!

Any suggestions???

My setup:
F550 frame
Autoquad board ( obviously )
Spektrum satellite receiver
GPS groundplane ( makes no sense telling u that )
Tarot Gimbal
SimonK 30A ESC's
And 28-30 750kv motors
Turnagy 9xr with orange module
Last edited by addigaz on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
addigaz

Re: Frustrated...

Postby kinderkram » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:05 pm

Please post your log files and your parameters, also include your setup/settings and maybe some screenshots of your GUI.
Without knowing the background we´ll be unable to help you out.
The satellite is original Spektrum?

P.S.: Ruhig, Brauner. ;)
Kann zwar Deinen Frust verstehen - aber dabei is nur ein kühler Kopf zielführend. Oft haben wir uns hier das Hirn zermartert - und hinterher war´s nur ne Kleinigkeit...
Mach mal´n Log von nem Flug und dann sehen wir weiter.
kinderkram

Postby addigaz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:18 pm

Thanks for the fast reply! thats an awesome service

To the first question:
Yes its an original spektrum receiver that i bought just because of the autoquad. (u might remember my first post where i asked about the orange 9CH DSM2 RX. I bought the spektrum right away)
To the LOGs: They are still uploading. Will post it as a downloadable Hidrive link. Hope thats ok.
addigaz

Postby addigaz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:27 pm

addigaz

Postby addigaz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:44 pm

There we go:
Ice 1
https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/O1IyBKXK

Ice 2
https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/zSoShBxF

Ice 3
https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/4sISh3wd

I tryed two different calibso files

https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/fJoSh5jU

https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/t3Iyh6kO

thanks for the help

Ps. have u guys ever thought about letting the calculations happen in the gpu instead of the cpu?
addigaz

Postby kinderkram » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:25 pm

Ok, your motors are clipping. Are they those HK NTM Prop Drives?
Did you calibrate the throttle range of the ESCs? What props do you use and what lipo? You didn´t mention in your list.

motors-clipping.jpg

While motors 0 and 2 are so-so, the others are clipping extremly.

As for the radio: quality is 100% - but YAW shows ... nothing!?

no-yaw-log.jpg

You need to investigate on that matter: change the radio channels in QGC (concentrate on yaw) and do a dry log just to see the radio output.

If the throttle range of the ESCs is set properly, you might try other lipos and/or props.
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/flying/tu ... -analyses/

Hope it helps to find the cause,

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby addigaz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Hi.
Yes the motors are those HK NTM Prop Drives.
Yes I did calibrate the ESCs to the throttle range. it flew perfectly with the red multiwii pro board. (or is there ańother ESC calibration I should do with the AQ?)
props are 10x5 carbon hardened
and LiPos are different ones. two 5000 mha 4s. two 4000 mha 4s and one 6000 mha 3s
all with the same result.

Im doing the yaw log right away
Last edited by addigaz on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
addigaz

Postby addigaz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:38 pm

Here is the file where i just moved the sticks. first throttle, then yaw, then roll and then pitch + backwards

https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/ZsoyhluQ

I think it looks perfect.

I put yaw on channel5 (first post)
addigaz

Postby Max » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:12 pm

Max

Postby addigaz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Im using 6.7 from autoquad.org

http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/?did=74

btw. what frames would you suggest?