[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - calibso in -10C - is it ok?

calibso in -10C - is it ok?

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Re: calibso in -10C - is it ok?

Postby gauze » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:59 am

Got my second board to check if it was faulty antenna, it is not.
Video will show better than I can discribe, but in short the problem seems to be the Ublox module, which somehow corrupting boot process in 99% cases, but sometimes not. Now I understand why board behaved normally at freezing and during frame assembly - I just did not connect GPS antenna..
gauze

Postby LPR » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:06 am

I found this GPS problem over at the RC Groups AQ forum. It might relate to your problem if your are using metal screws for mounting your AQ board.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... st27389515

Post #1926

Larry
LPR

Postby gauze » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:54 am

Thanks Larry,
not my case unfortunately. as I mentioned before, board was mounted on plastic mikrokopter stands with plastic screws,
and I dont have problem with "GPS trying new baud rate", this problem is with GPS module inside it, and it does corrupt booting process of the AQ FC board.

cheers
Dimitri
gauze

Postby JussiH » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:38 pm

This is a problem that I have seen once before. It is indeed the GPS module that is inducing a reset on the MCU. Is this a very early V1 board? The first generations of F4 was succeptible to static discharge resets.

Anyway, it needs to have the MCU replaced - we do this under warranty. Contact your retailer.
JussiH

Postby gauze » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:57 pm

Hey Jussi,
yep, 2 boards from the first day you started to sell it)
I've already send PM to Norbert.
Thanks! the good thing is that I have second one, the bad is that I need to redo freezing:)

cheers
Dimitri
gauze

Postby JussiH » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:34 am

Yeah, sorry about that. We was some of the first to adopt the F4, so we suffered a bit with the first generations. Newer batches seem to be much more robust.
JussiH

Postby gauze » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:04 pm

Thanks Jussi. Do you think that it will be good to change MCU on the second board at the same time?

Back on topic - I've finished freezing of the second board and hopefully will do some dynamic calibration today.
the Q is about small gopro brushless gimbal on the frame - if you try to dance with powered gimbal - it starts to behave abnormally when frame rotated 90deg, causing, I suppose, much more current to the motors than in normal flying conditions when the frame is close to level, so it could affect magnetometer much more. should I do calibso with gimbal on or off?
distance from the board to gimbal is 250mm.
frame.jpg
frame.jpg (153.59 KiB) Viewed 12965 times

What do you think for freezing graphs, are they ok BTW?
flat temp.jpg

flat acc.jpg

flat rate.jpg

right acc.jpg

right rate.jpg

left acc.jpg

left rate.jpg

thanks!

cheers
Dimitri
gauze

Postby JussiH » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:09 pm

Remove the gimbal, it will probably do more harm than good to have it there and as you noticed, its close to impossible to do the dance with it.

Data looks ok to me!
JussiH

Postby gauze » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:39 pm

Thanks!
gauze

Postby Trnquill » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:41 am

I would leave it there. It has quite big blocks of metal and magnets, which will surely have some effect on the MAG readings. Just power it off and use tape around the motors to lock them firmly in place.
Trnquill

Previous

Return to Calibration