[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - calibso in -10C - is it ok?

calibso in -10C - is it ok?

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

calibso in -10C - is it ok?

Postby gauze » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Hey guys I'm new here, decided finally to try AQ after two years sitting on the shelf)
all the static are done (spend 3days trying to find really vib-free place;), now I need to do some dancing and not sure if it will be ok outside in ~-10C winter Moscow.
So am I on the safe side to do it?
thanks in advance!
gauze

Re: calibso in -10C - is it ok?

Postby chschmid » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:05 pm

Good to hear that you take the challange.
The minus temperature is no problem as long as you survive the cold. ;)

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby gauze » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:51 pm

Thanks, I'm on my way to outside)
cheers
Dimitri
gauze

Postby kinderkram » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:47 pm

Welcome to the club, Dimitri!

-10 sounds harsh. Usually the Calibso is associated with warm sunny weather at a palm beach. :D
At your temperature range in Moscow you even wouldn´t need a fridge for the static calibration.

Have a nice dance,

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby JussiH » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:06 am

If you do the calibso in freezing temps, its a good idea to let the board acclimatize under power before beginning to collect data.

If you bring it out from room temp into -10 C and immediately begin the routine, you stand a good chance of the board temp varying too much during the data collection and affecting the data. This is more important at around freezing and below, since that is where most of the temperature related sensor bias occurs.

I recently did a run in -8, and the board took around 15 minutes before it settled around 0 C IMU temp with a variation of about 3 degrees over the whole 8 minute dance.
JussiH

Postby gauze » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:07 am

Thanks for the tips guys!
Unfortunately right before I was ready for the dancing, AQ board starts to behave strange on boot.
It was absolutely OK when during freezing processes in the box, but after installing it to the frame and all connections was made, i.e. after maybe 10 power-ups, the boot-up is somehow corrupted. I got red led on and then green starts to flash for couple of seconds (may differ from time to time) but then green led comes out and nothing happens. no serial connection, nothing. If I unpower it and let sit for 10minutes - it boots ok. Unplug-replug batt - no boot. wait 10 min - boot ok.
Tried to reflash it couple of times - no effect. Not sure that now I'll take a risk to fly it.
Any thoughts? I will make video and post in a hour.

ok here it is youtu.be/_a5qXO-9jog

upd - looks like some kind of overheating to me, but at the same time it allows reflashing without any problem, no need to wait.

thanks
cheers
Dimitri
gauze

Postby Max » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:34 pm

Sounds like an intermittent short circuit somewhere after you mounted/connected it. Make sure nothing conductive is touching the board around the mounting holes (bolt/standoff/etc).

-Max
Max

Postby gauze » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:33 pm

Thanks Max.
I've repeated situation for more than 30 times now, so surely not a short :( Mounted on plastic MK standoffs, absolutely nothing to be shorted with.
And It does work after some rest. it is overheating of bad solder of some board components..
Will try to give it a long term test on the table.

cheers
Dimitri
gauze

Postby gauze » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:41 pm

Well seems it is GPS problem. with unplugged antenna AQ FC boots ok.
any thoughts?

thanks
Dimitri
gauze

Postby bluuu » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:20 pm

check antenna connector, maybe there is small short circuit, piece of wire or something
bluuu

Next

Return to Calibration