[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Strange AQ behavior resulting in crash.

Strange AQ behavior resulting in crash.

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Strange AQ behavior resulting in crash.

Postby epyonxero » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:25 pm

I recently reconfigured my AQ from a Y6 to a flat hexacopter. It flew very well yesterday bare bones (no camera or gimbal) for about 16.5 minutes with no issues. Today I flew it with a gimbal and camera mounted and it flew well for about 6 minutes before I took it up to a higher altitude in DVH mode and it suddenly rolled hard to the right and towards the ground. I switched to RTH and the copter recovered from the dive and returned to home normally. At about 6 ft altitude I switched back to DVH mode for a landing and the copter immediately rolled again to the right and hit the ground pretty hard.

Im not sure what went wrong; the fact that it flew normally in RTH leads me to believe it wasnt a mechanical issue. I thought maybe there was an erroneous RC signal that caused it to roll but the angle of bank was well beyond the normal limits and I dont see anything in the logs that show a roll signal at the time of the crash.

Heres a link to the log file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2317679/013-AQL.LOG

EDIT: Heres the video, the problem starts just after the 6 minute mark:
http://youtu.be/EJNnRLXwznQ

epyonxero

Re: Strange AQ behavior resulting in crash.

Postby Max » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:15 am

Ouch, sorry to see that!

What do you mean by "DVH" mode? Position hold? DVH is more of a feature than a mode, allowing you to still move the machine around while it is in PH mode. In the video it seems like it's coming down normally for a while... is that still it returning to home? Also what is unclear is that "RTH" is just a one-time command, again not really a mode per se. So you told it to go home, but after it completed the command it would still be in whatever flight mode your ch6 switch is on (manual/ph/mission).

Those aren't coax motors I'm seeing a brief flash of? :?

-Max
Max

Postby epyonxero » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:03 am

epyonxero

Postby bn999 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:39 am

It looks like prop slip. You can see in the logs and hear the saturation while trying to compensate for it. Switching between modes may have given a quick jolt that the prop needed to stick or unstick to the rotor. If you consider your motor layout, you might be able to determine the prop that was slipping from the log.
bn999

Postby Mike Barton » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:44 am

there's a high frequency sound starting @ 5:58 just before 'things' start happening - bit too much of a coincidence i think ?
Mike Barton

Postby epyonxero » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:03 pm

epyonxero

Postby Max » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:19 am

Yea I read that also... Just keep in mind that in pusher config the props will want to loosen themselves. I recommend double nuts or reverse threads (t-motor makes reverse threaded prop adapters).

Have you seen my ? :)

I just replayed your log in GE and it looks kinda similar. At any rate your machine pitched violently to the right both times and tried to recover (successfully the first time). If not a prop slip then something else intermittent.

-Max
Max

Postby epyonxero » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:19 am

I hadnt seen that before but the roll/plummet action does look similar. Ill make sure my props stay secure.
epyonxero

Return to Calibration