[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - dynamic cal step3:cal--mag never ends.

dynamic cal step3:cal--mag never ends.

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

dynamic cal step3:cal--mag never ends.

Postby kylekyle » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:13 am

Hi ~ this is my first question on the forum.

my dynamic cal step3:cal--mag never ends. I got the MAE down to 0.0085 ( I remember ) and following run never ends.
I repeated the dance few more times but the result is same.

and I am curious... if the GPS noise shield is too close to the FC, can it cause this? I remember it was better without GPS antenna
kylekyle

Re: dynamic cal step3:cal--mag never ends.

Postby bluuu » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:03 pm

its normal
you can use values after X loops, your MEA is low and ok.
Use calculated values and go to next step.
bluuu

Re: AW: dynamic cal step3:cal--mag never ends.

Postby sandmen » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:47 pm

Use the abort button, and the latest calculated results printed.
sandmen

Postby kylekyle » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:07 pm

Thank you guys.
I aborted the process and the use MAE anyway.

final result doesn't look bad. when I check mag-magnitude during 360 lotation , I get 1.7 ~2.2... it looks alot better than last calibration. In short, when I use GPS antenna sheild on top of AQ, it affects the mag alot.
I made the shild from blank CD wraped with copper tape.
kylekyle

Postby bluuu » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:20 pm

You should do calibration (calibso) with all stuff like GPS cover, RX, camera (if you have to use).

Dynamic calibration is for eliminating all factors interfering with normal work.
bluuu

Postby kylekyle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:00 pm

yes, I was able to calibrate it with GPS shield. I meant it was easier without it. ( calibration took less time )
by the way. ABORT button does not work on STEP:3. it there specific version of GC that STEP:3 abort button works?
kylekyle

Postby kinderkram » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:04 pm

Which FW version do you use?
You can also try the final version 1.3 of the QGC, just released yesterday:
http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/?did=79
kinderkram

Postby kylekyle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:40 pm

thank you. I'll try it tonight.
kylekyle

Postby Max » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:34 pm

With release version of QGC 1.3.0, Step 3: cal --mag Abort button should work, however it won't print results unless you let the step finish (as described in docs for steps 1-3). That's how it goes on my test installs, anyway. Peter (sandmen) is confusing the versions of things, I think... ;)

-Max
Max

Return to Calibration