[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - MAG MAGNITUDE Readings doubt

MAG MAGNITUDE Readings doubt

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

MAG MAGNITUDE Readings doubt

Postby leandrolb » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi Guys,
I went through the ACC Magnitude grafic and it is ok it is reading 9.8 in every position. But at the MAG Magnitude when I tur the front of the Hexa sideway (horizontaly) i get a diferent reading from 3.5 when it is pointing south and 2.3 when pointing north. Is it correct?
In the image attached the result is even worst when I turn sideways the readings varie from 3.3 to 1.5.
Attachments
Mag magnitude test.JPG
Turining sideways
Mag magnitude test.JPG (81.79 KiB) Viewed 12620 times
Leandro Barancelli - Brazil
Hexacopter - AQ - frame Tarot 810 - 15x5 carbon fiber props - motors Tarot 4114 - 6S 10000mah
leandrolb

Re: MAG MAGNITUDE Readings doubt

Postby leandrolb » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Why anyone answer my question? What I am doing wrong?
I believe without support it will be really dificult keep people interest.
I have invest a lot effort building a heavy lift hexa to put this board and now it is not working as it should, after many times trying, reading and reading the instructions it is very desapointing. I was expecting a little more help from the developers at this point.
Hexacopter - AQ - frame Tarot 810 - 15x5 carbon fiber props - motors Tarot 4114 - 6S 10000mah
leandrolb

Postby kinderkram » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:04 pm

Sorry for the delay in answering your question. But we´re all doing this for a hobby.

Where did you do the rotations? Inside the house or outdoors?
The graph doesn´t seem right. The Mag magnitude should be around 2. What about the LOG_IMU_MAG values - do they differ more than +/-2 when you rotate the copter around all axis?

Can´t tell you what the reason is but you could try it again in a non-magnetic invironment outdoors and see if the magnitude value behaves the same. Just hold it flat for 10sec, then tilt it like 45degrees in any direction again for 10sec each.
kinderkram

Postby leandrolb » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:11 pm

Sorry but I am not doing it for fun or hobby since I read the board was designed to be used as a professional solution for AP. So I am expecting a lot from it.

Yes I did the reading from outside in my backyard and in my office in both places I get the same result.

I am using a 6S setup, I power the board with a 12v BEC, 20cm from the board. from the board, I have another bec for the gimbal mounted in the same place above the gimbal, the speeds are mounted with the motors, power cabes are all crossed. The power distribuition board is mounted 5cm below of AQ.

I believe my setup is not good to work with AQ becouse there should be a lot of magnetic interference.

This is what I get from IMU_MAG inside of my office. The waves were created when I turn the board 90 degrees front back left right.

When I turn the hexa horizontaly pointing the front to north the values goes up and when I point south the lines goes down.
Attachments
IMU_MAG south and north.PNG
IMU_MAG south and north.PNG
IMU_MAG.PNG
IMU_MAG.PNG turning right and left, front and back 90º
leandrolb

Postby chschmid » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:41 pm

Did you do the static and dynamic calibration?
Just to make sure ;)
chschmid

Postby Max » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:48 pm

Max

Postby leandrolb » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Hi Max,
Here is the log from the IMU_MAG sensors after i had upload the calculations into the board I have frozen the board again and for 60 min heat it up as in the static calibration.
Attachments
IMU_Mag After calculation file was upload into the board.PNG
IMU_Mag After calculation file was upload into the board frozen test
leandrolb

Postby leandrolb » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:25 pm

This is my Log from IMU_MAG during the dinamic calibration.
Anything wrong here?
Attachments
Log from IMU_MAG during the dinamic calibration.PNG
Log from IMU_MAG during the dinamic calibration.PNG
leandrolb

Postby JussiH » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:15 am

Looking at the plot from the dynamic file, those magnitudes are way off, even for an uncalibrated board.

Can you show a close-up of the sensor part of the board?

Apart from a wrongly mounted Z-mag sensor, I can only think of one thing that would make such a curve during the dynamic, and that is a close presence of magnetic interference or a chunk of magnetic material somewhere on you or the frame.

MagZ line is also very noisy, so that could also point to some issue with magnetic interference.

Can you perhaps try and take the board out of the frame and see if the mag readings are sane then? Do the log away from sources of noise.

As described in the wiki, sitting right next to a PC, is not the best place to make mag measurements. In my office mag readings will be way off due to noise coming from computers and electrical installations.
JussiH

Postby leandrolb » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:07 am

Hi Jussi,
I will do the picture in a couple of minutes. I would like to let you know that I was invited to show my hexa next friday for militares forces and explain how drones can be used in the world cup of soccer next year. I really would like to show to them it's flying with AQ.
leandrolb

Next

Return to Calibration