static calibration

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

static calibration

Postby Florian75 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:32 pm

hello,

this weekend i tried to gather all the data for the static calibration. i'm not sure about the quality of the data. i took two data gathering attemps. one in the living room and the other in the cellar. what do you think about the quality?

(-Link deleted-)

regards
florian
Last edited by Florian75 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Florian75

Re: static calibration

Postby Max » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi Florian,

Your 2nd living room session looks the best to me. The 3rd would be OK but for the bump close to the beginning. The others I would say are not usable. Surprising that your cellar is worse than the LR. Maybe a different location there, away from whatever might be causing the MAG noise?

BTW you can ignore TEMP1 and TEMP2 logs. TEMP0 is the important one.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby Florian75 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Hello Max,

thanks for your answer and your review. I thought I need all the three sessions? can I chose only one? Do I have to repeat the other sessions?

Yes, obout my cellar I'm wondering. I don't know what happend there. The location was far away from electromagnetic sources.

Cheers,
Florian
Florian75

Postby Max » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:03 pm

Yes, it would be best to get a few more good sessions. Ideally 3 good ones (with different board orientations). My advice is to get as many good logs as you have patience for. During the first step of calculations, using different logs in different combinations will yield different MAE values, and it is nice to be able to pick the best combination. And it is easier to do the freezing process now while the board is out and you have it all set up. I'd say at least 2 good logs is minimum for a decent solution, though I know some people have done it with one (success is somewhat relative anyway :) ).

-Max
Max

Return to Calibration