[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - what's causing the odd X gyro logs?

what's causing the odd X gyro logs?

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Re: what's causing the odd X gyro logs?

Postby 13brv3 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:28 pm

I have to believe what we're seeing is within the normal limitations of the gyro chips. It's probably one of those "ignorance is bliss" situations, since it would happen with any other FC, though they don't have the ability or opportunity to see it like we do with the AQ calibration ritual.

For calibrations, as Steve said, it's evenly distributed above and below the normal line, so it should average out.

For actual flight, I would imagine it could cause a momentary bobble, but maybe too small to really notice. The sensitivity of the chip is listed as 2mv per degree per second, and the max deviation I've seen from high noise to low is about 16mv. At worst, that would mean the FC would think there was an 8 degree per second movement in the X axis, which is slow enough that you'd probably have to be in a controlled environment with no wind to even notice it.

I'm officially not worrying about it 8-)

Cheers,
Rusty
13brv3

Postby Jdmagoo » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:39 am

Jdmagoo

Postby 13brv3 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi James,

I just looked through the logs to see what the temps were. I did 4 logs for board 4. All have two "bubbles", with the first being more significant. The pics I posted were from board 4.

For board 3, the two bubbles were both small, like the second bubble in board 4.

Test / first bubble temp / second bubble temp

Board 4

1 / 1.59 / 26.37
2 / -0.01 / 39.18
3 / -0.78 / 40.18
4 / -0.77 / 40.56

Board 3

1 / -8.81 / 26.37

If I were going to try to pass through this temp in flight, I'd definitely want to shoot for the first bubble in board 4, since that's more significant. Of course I'm assuming these temps are in C, and that would be around freezing, which ain't gonna happen in Florida this time of year. It would actually be difficult to test this even in the winter here since it's rarely below freezing.

Cheers,
Rusty
13brv3

Postby Jdmagoo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:11 pm

Jdmagoo

Postby 13brv3 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:22 pm

13brv3

Postby Jdmagoo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:51 am

Please keep us informed on how they performing the air

Cheers

James
Jdmagoo

Postby macdrones » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:21 am

I am currently work in my first two AQ boards. The first board had very nice curves for the gyro's, but the second one has something similar to yours. Here are the first two freezes with the second board.

Case AQ Board.jpg
macdrones

Postby 13brv3 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:13 am

The one on the left looks like it had a data logging issue, and maybe something else going on, so I'd probably ignore that one. The right one looks similar, but Y instead of X gyro. What's the magnitude of the bubble if you plot voltage 0, 1, 2 instead of the rate value?

Rusty
13brv3

Postby macdrones » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:42 am

Rusty, I believe this shows what your asking. I am still getting to know this GUI.

Case AQ Board 2.jpg

I do not plan on using either of these, I am just testing my isolation container and location for now. I live next to a road that gets some large, fast moving traffic that I can feel inside so I want to make sure I can reduce there effects.

Mike
Last edited by macdrones on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
macdrones

Postby JussiH » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:28 am

JussiH

PreviousNext

Return to Calibration