[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Where to perform static calibration

Where to perform static calibration

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Where to perform static calibration

Postby LordPikaChu » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:35 pm

Hello everyone!

I will be attempting AQ static calibration in the coming days and need some help with determining the best location to gather the data. Wiki says that I need to avoid EM fields that change over time, so it's pretty clear that a microwave oven is not a good thing to stand next to AQ board when gathering data. Lack of vibration is pretty clear too.

What's not clear to me is weather things like WiFi or electric wires going inside the walls should be any concern. Can electric wires be considered an EM field changing over time? What I mean is - the EM field changes 50 times per second, but other than that it's pretty constant. What about WiFi? It's pretty hard to find a place without WiFi nowadays. I could switch off WiFi in my place while gathering calibration data, but I won;t be able to tell all my neighbors to do the same.

Another piece of info that could be useful is the fact that when I turn on a compass app in my phone in my apartment it doesn't really show the correct direction, mainly due to electric wires inside apartment walls and WiFi influence. The direction it shows is wrong, but it's always the same (the magnetometer inside the phone doesn't freak out).

Thanks in advance for any help regarding this topic!
LordPikaChu

Re: Where to perform static calibration

Postby bn999 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:51 pm

Electrical lines in the walls and floor will only add noise if they are powered and close enough. However, if the loads they are supplying are varying (turned off and on over time) it could be a problem. Wifi is a much higher frequency and lower power than can be resolved by the mags, unless it is extremely close.

The direction of the magnetic vector seen by the sensors does not matter at all, as long as it does not change during the session.

Generally, if you can keep anything / everything more than 1 meter away from the board, you should be fine.
bn999

Re: Where to perform static calibration

Postby LordPikaChu » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:57 am

LordPikaChu

Return to Calibration