Static Log - Bad Sensor???

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Static Log - Bad Sensor???

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:26 am

Hi all,

i have just received my replacement board and have begun my static cals however i think i might have a bad gyro. Rate X always has a bulb in it and when i overlay the temperature graph it seems to appear around 50 degrees C. Is this going to be usable or not?

I have completed 3 attempts in the freezer followed by one attempt at room temperature. I now have the board in the oven set at 40 degrees C to dry out the box, foam and board to rule out condensation. I didnt have these problems on my older board (this was replaced for different reasons)

Looking forward to any suggestions

Many Thanks

James
Attachments
First Attempt.png
First Attempt in the Freezer
Second Attempt.png
Second Attempt in the Freezer
At room Temperture.png
At room temperature
Jdmagoo

Re: Static Log - Bad Sensor???

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:21 am

Ok i put the board, box, foam and SD card in the oven for 2hrs set at 40 degrees C to remove any moisture that may exist.
I followed all the procedures as laid out in the Wiki and the static cal video that Jussi made and the following is the end result.

As you can see although the ACC graph looks a lot better than the previous attempts i still have a large bulb at around the 480 samples mark. This lines up with just over 50 degrees C. Now if I was living anywhere else other than Australia this may not be a concern but during summertime it is possible for me to be flying in 40 - 45 degree days where this could be a problem.

Looking forward to the advice

Many Thanks

James
Attachments
Third Attempt RateX.png
RATE
Third Attempt MAG.png
MAG
Third Attempt ACC.png
ACC
Voltages For Third Attempt.png
Voltages