Static data issues

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Re: Static data issues

Postby Deepfreeze » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:16 am

So the whole day no answer from flyduino or viacopter what to do with the board. I was not able to reach any of the shops by phone and no answer to this post or pn.

I tried it a last time yesterday and the same thing showed up. Everything is fine but the rate log is horrible at the start. I tried to use socks filled with rice, those small packs that comes with elektronic stuff and different foam. But still the two
spikes you can see above.

The only thing I did to the AQ is soldering the pins. No GPS ore something else. I flashed the firmware with no issue and tried the static calibration. No I am stuck for about 4 days with this results :(.

Can someone give me a hint where to find AQ Support in this case of a bad Gyro?
Deepfreeze

Postby Jdmagoo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:49 am

I think you may need to be a bit patient although I can understand your pain. Definitely try flyduino again they are the vendor that should be replacing this
Jdmagoo

Postby Deepfreeze » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:10 am

Thanks for your reply :). Yes I think it is normal in these days that you have to wait for more than 2 days for a answer and that it is impossible to reach someone by phone, like it was a few years ago. If you find a phone number it is not working, most of the shops not even write one down.

The problem is that I should fly this little copter in 10 days on a meeting and it is not possible to get everything done when you have to wait that long for just a short answer like, ok send it back we will exchange it ore buy a new one. No answer is always bad I think :).
Deepfreeze

Postby JussiH » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:17 am

If you got the board from Flyduino, you should ask them for a replacement board under warranty. I did get your mail, but warranty issues needs to be solved by your retailer - I can not offer warranty support on boards that did not go out from here.

I am pretty sure that what you are facing is a faulty gyro, but have you followed the docu advice about eliminating condensation during thawing process?
JussiH

Postby Deepfreeze » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:25 am

Thanks for your answer. Jussi that is exactly what I was aiming for. Just a short info, dont try to exchange it with me, go and hit flyduinos door. Someone told that you are able to take care about the hardware issue so the first step was trying to ask for you help :). I told flyduino the same problem and asked for an exchange but no answer so far.

Yes I tried everything as I wrote above. Socks with rice, those small packages that came with electronic stuff, different foams, zippy backs and what not. It gets always the same results :(.
Deepfreeze

Postby Deepfreeze » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:39 am

finaly I got a mail from flyduino. They will have a look at it and exchange the gyro or board. Hopefully this will not take 2 weeks.
Deepfreeze

Postby Deepfreeze » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:25 am

A new AQ Board arrived yesterday, thanks to flyduino. So hopefully I can give it a new try till the weekend.
Deepfreeze

Postby Deepfreeze » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:21 pm

Can I use this new calib file? This was recorded with the new Board.
Did only the first orientation. If this is ok, I will do the next two
tomorrow.
Deepfreeze

Postby bluuu » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Looks fine.
bluuu

Previous

Return to Calibration