[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - SimonK flashed esc calibration questions

SimonK flashed esc calibration questions

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

SimonK flashed esc calibration questions

Postby HeliHenkie » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi all,

My quadcopter runs with 30amp rctimer esc's flashed with the latest SimonK firmware.
After reading a lot of posts on the forum about the right esc calibration range I'm still not sure about the right range.

At the moment I've programmed my esc's from 975 to 1950. Is this the right range?
Recently I read a post suggesting a range from 1125 to 1950.
The offical docs are very limited on this subject.

What is the correct range for the standard settings?
What effect has a range of 975 to 1950 on flying behaviour?

Best regards,

Jan Willem
The Netherlands
HeliHenkie

Re: SimonK flashed esc calibration questions

Postby Max » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:36 pm

Max

Postby HeliHenkie » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:01 am

Max,

It was from this post I got my information about the 975-1950 range: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1446

It was from this post I got my info about 1000-1950 range: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2411&p=13598&hilit=esc+range+975#p13598

Your suggest a range of 1125-1950 (from motor start to motor stop)

These three posts by experienced users contradict eachother.

Best regards,

Jan Willem
HeliHenkie

Postby joebar.rc » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:53 am

Jan willem,

On the copters I use without esc32 i calibrate the escs precisely between 1000 and 2000. With that I can use the range between motorstart and high range and still it will shut down using the low 975 or 950.

Menno
joebar.rc

Postby Max » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:05 am

Max

Postby HeliHenkie » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:22 am

Max,

Great to see my question leads to an improvement of the documentation.
Could there be a relation between my poor altitude hold performance (been struggling with that for 8 months now) and my esc endpoint range?
If so, this means I'll dust off my aq board and give it another try, though I'm very happy with my APM 2.5 controller with 3.0 firmware right now.

Best regards,

Jan Willem
HeliHenkie

Postby LPR » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Jan

I built a quad with SimonK firmware ESC. The ESC were calibrated from 1000 to 2000. To get all the motors to start at the same time when I switch to the Alt/Pos Hold flight mode, I had to increase the AQ's motor start pwm setting to 1170 from the default of 1125.

Larry
LPR

Return to Calibration