First try of static calibration: looks good?

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

First try of static calibration: looks good?

Postby jhoexp » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi,
this is my first try at static calibration with autoquad board. Looks decent, right? (the gyro variations look extremly low, is it normal?) Except maybe ACC calibration at high temp. Can you confirm?

An iron structure (metallic stand near the calibration place) may influence the mag readings?
Thanks!!
Attachments
Log IMU_RATE.jpg
Log IMU_MAG.jpg
Log IMU_ACC.jpg
Log ADC_TEMP.jpg
jhoexp

Re: First try of static calibration: looks good?

Postby JussiH » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:14 pm

Looks OK. There is a bit of noise in the accels towards the end, but should not be a problem. Could look like some kind of vibration since it shows up on all axises.

Iron structures during static data gathering are not a problem as long as they dont move around...

For the dynamic, you should avoid large hunks of magnetic metals in your immediate vicinity.
JussiH

Postby jhoexp » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 pm

Thank you Jussi! Will gather static data again and for both my boards in a few days and complete the dynamic calibration when the rain stops.
I see the noise on the acc at high temp, but what makes me think is the really low amplitude of variations on the imu_rate graph. Well, it's good, right? It looks better than the average calibration run you see on the other posts...

Anyway, will compare the calibration of the other board and we will se...
jhoexp

Postby JussiH » Wed May 01, 2013 12:52 am

Hi Johnny

Yes, your gyros are indeed looking better than average. If you can repeat this in the other orientations you should be well on track for a good result if you take care with the dynamic.
JussiH

Return to Calibration