First (failed) attempt at a Calibso machine.

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

First (failed) attempt at a Calibso machine.

Postby DWBB » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi,

Since learning about the Calibso, Ive been fascinated by the idea of a machine to create an accurate, smooth, recreatable calibso dance. I've spent the last 8 weeks trying ideas out, getting parts made etc, but so far no suuccess.

Design goals:

1. Maximise plastics use
2. Minimise metals, use non ferrous metals as much as possible
3. Keep all electronics away from the copter to minimise interference

The problem lies in creating a slop-free mechanism. I'll keep trying (unless Bill or one of the experts says I'm wasting my time) but it's proving tricky!

Heres my attempt so far:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=CNL-vgVdSz8

Cheers

D
DWBB

Re: First (failed) attempt at a Calibso machine.

Postby monkey1 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:35 am

i m doing the dyn cal in 16 weeks, with different location and generate over 20 files. all is not perfect level :(. i would not recommend the guy who is living at urban playing with the AQ,

i have 4 boards of apm 2, 2.5, all flies perfect without beta firmware. Will AQ improve the cal procedure, i dont think so. I bought it at last yr sep, Aq really improve their beta firmware many times, and got finally stable version at this year. And also, this is the big joke of esc32 at firmware 1.4.1 doesnt support qgc1.2.1. And this careless imcomplete testing mistake not the first time occur.

AQ is valueable for you if you have much available spare time to help to implement the beta firmware with them. :-D
monkey1

Return to Calibration