[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - No yaw control during initial testing [solved]

No yaw control during initial testing [solved]

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

No yaw control during initial testing [solved]

Postby leopold1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:10 pm

I've come to the part of the dynamic cal but before I do the dance I want to check that the hexa flies accordingly. (should be able to do this)

But I have a problem.
During the initial test I wanted to check that the hexa responds to the tx input. Pitch and roll are ok but I have no response on yaw. After a few seconds the hex start turning randomly without tx input.
All channels respond in the GCS.

I checked and rechecked all settings and connections but can't seem to find the problem.
I also loaded two different motor mixes but problem stays the same.

Any suggestions?

I'm using a hexa x setup with simonk ESC's.

Here is my mixing table.
M3 is left front
M2 is left
M1 is left aft
M9 is right front
M8 is right
M7 is right aft

Last edited by leopold1 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leopold1

Re: No yaw control during initial testing

Postby chschmid » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:23 pm

You asked me about my mixing table.

thats (X) nick
FL/FR/RL/RR 50
L/R 0/0

thats (X) roll
FL/FR/RL/RR 25 ( sin(30) / 2)
L/R 50/50

So this is adding up to 100 per axis (in X mode).
When I had my maiden, I had two motors connected wrong (CW-CCW) resulting in a always yawing to one side. After correcting this I also had 2 outputs reversed resulting in a wobbly short flight. Doublecheck, no tripplecheck the mot directions and the connections. And then, she will just fly wonderful with standard PID's.

Good luck
Christof
chschmid

Postby leopold1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:16 pm

The strange thingis I have no yaw control what so ever. Even if there was a wrong prop direction I would react. But now, nothing. If I let the props turn for a few seconds it turns on its own without TX input but not always in the same directions.

Nevertheless I will check again (and even a third time ;-))
leopold1

Postby Kisssys » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:30 pm

Are you sure your not in RTH mode?
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby leopold1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:33 pm

Certain.
This is all done on ground level. I can lift the hexa in a hover but then due to the uncontrolable yaw I need to land quickly.
leopold1

Postby LPR » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:15 am

Last edited by LPR on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LPR

Postby leopold1 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:33 am

Larry, this is my current setup explaned in a drawing.

If I understand correctly the diagional paired motors should be in my case M9/M7 and M3/M1. Then the signs are correct and also the prop direction.

I'm also including a short log to have a look at.
So I armed the hex, gave some thr and it starts turning to the left. Then I stopped all motors, gave thr again and the hex started turning in the other direction. Both situations still on the ground.

leopold1

Postby chschmid » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:46 pm

The mix looks good. Nice drawing ;).
But this log is not from flight. You held her in your hand?
I usulay grab the multi befor flying, and simuilate a hover while holding it. Then test the reactions yaw, pitch, roll.

and now the video from maiden! (or it did not happen)

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby LPR » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Leopold

Your Info looks good and you should have yaw control. If you lower Tilt angle P to 40 or less you should be able to fly.

Larry
LPR

Postby leopold1 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:40 pm

leopold1

Next

Return to Calibration