[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Ended up with 3 files in one run (static cal)

Ended up with 3 files in one run (static cal)

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Ended up with 3 files in one run (static cal)

Postby arachnida » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:06 pm

I did my first static calibration routine but ended up with 3 log files on the SD card. I read the WIKI telling me I probably had 2 resets during the routine. I don't see any glitches on the curves, but the green ADC_Temp1 curve starts at 0° (fridge temp was -20°) and I have less than 580.000 samples.

I closed the tuperware box inside the fridge and even put some silica gel inside the box before running the log.

What did I do wrong?

Static cal.jpg
arachnida

Re: Ended up with 3 files in one run (static cal)

Postby leopold1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Its the blue curve that counts.
leopold1

Postby arachnida » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:11 pm

My next try was more succesfull. This time I left the SD card in the slot during the freeze time and did the loging in the kichen where my fridge is. This way I did'n loose time walking upstairs to the bedroom where there are less appliances making noise, but the result from the kichen is still acceptable.

Is there a way to trim the results as I left it running for almost 2 hours and the last 40% are flat? I want to cut the tail but I'm not shure if I'm allowed to do that without messing up the results.
arachnida

Postby JussiH » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:20 pm

The logviewer has a feature to cut the beginning and ends of the logfile. Description in the docu.

You can cut the whole flat part away, you will still be left with enough data, if you have logged for 2 hours and cut away the last 40 percent.
JussiH

Postby arachnida » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:02 am

Couldn't believe I still have condensation problems after 5 runs, so I did a small test on the table without cooling down the AQ first. Result is 1 file and almost no spikes so it must be a condensing problem.

Will try with rice in the box instead of Silica Gel, maybe that helps.
arachnida

Postby leopold1 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:17 pm

I put the board in a ziplock bag and added some Ebly weat grains. No condense what so ever.
leopold1

Postby arachnida » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:59 am

Grr, once again 2 files. The first one stopped after 42°. Isn't it possible to combine the two files using some kind of copy paste in an editor program?

Would have been nice to have some kind of indication by the LEDs on the board that a reset has happened, or indicating that there is more than one log file on the SD card.
arachnida

Postby arachnida » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Found a small ziplock bag, that and some rice seems to do the job very well. I need one more run before I can start building the AQ in my frame.
arachnida

Postby LPR » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:23 pm

arachnida

I know it's difficult to understand all the things that can cause problems for people doing the logs. I had a problem with having more then one file so I followed the wiki advise on bending the small arm to help hold the SD card in place. I cleaned the card with alcohol and put a piece of tape on it to make sure in would have a good connection. The tape makes the card a little thicker.

I tried the ziploc bag but found it was too much hassle. Just using a large bag of rice in the container worked well for me but I only had 50% humidity in the house.

Good luck with your logs

Larry
LPR

Postby arachnida » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:24 pm

Thanks Larry for the advice, but with the setup I have now it seems to work quite good.

I also have an OpenPilot Revo in backorder, very curious about the performance without the hassle of freezing the FC to make calbration files. Only problem, the Revo is not available for the public and the beta FW can't cope with the features of the AQ (yet). But I do like my CC3D boards and never had a crash due to the FW or HW of OP, not something I can say about my NAZA.
arachnida

Next

Return to Calibration