Ecilop dynamic calibrations

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Re: Ecilop dynamic calibrations

Postby LPR » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:42 pm

Bill

I'm building another octo that will be for taking photos of crop fields. I had a lot of discussion with Steve about how to build it. The octo will have the same style of frame as the first one has. The 12" hole in the center will have the Panasonic battery pack built around a camera facing downward all held in a gimbal mount. Steve recommended having the AQ board above the camera/battery pack but I would like to move it to the rear about 8".

I have flown with the Aq board in the rear position and I've seen a need to have a firmware modification.

I've been thinking about for awhile and I believe that mixing some factor of the pitch and yaw Gyro's output with the outputs for z and Roll direction accelerometers might eliminate most of the problems caused by the AQ offset.
There would also be a small acceleration in the pitch direction caused be centrifugal force during yaw which could be adjusted by using a factor of the yaw gyro also.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Re: Ecilop dynamic calibrations

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:00 pm

I would be very interested to do some testing if a modification was made for this configuration!
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Previous

Return to Calibration