[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - need advice on calibration, mainly issues with sim3 --mag

need advice on calibration, mainly issues with sim3 --mag

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

need advice on calibration, mainly issues with sim3 --mag

Postby Arne » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:30 am

Hi,

I'm trying to get a usable result out of the calibration process for quite some time now, but so far I'm still stuck at the sim3 --mag part. The MAE keeps shooting up in the air. Every time one or two IMU_MAG_ALGN_XX parameters gets larger the 10^5, sometimes up to 10^9.
I did both calibrations on two completely different places (more the 5 miles away from each other). My copter is a heavy octo, which makes the dancing part pretty hard, hence I even build a calibso machine... but I still can't get a valid parameter set :cry: . Can you please take a look at my graphs and give me a hint what to try next?

static temp
static_temp.png

static rate
looks pretty noisy, but I think considering the y-scale it's ok!?
static_rate.png

static acc
static_acc.png

static mag
static_mag.png

that's a log file from a machine run, the graphs are much much smoother than the manual ones
dyn rate
dyn_gyro.png

dyn acc
dyn_acc.png

dyn mag
dyn_mag.png
Arne

Re: need advice on calibration, mainly issues with sim3 --ma

Postby JussiH » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:09 pm

Looking at the data, it is pretty smooth, but probably going too fast...try and slow down your machine.

Rates are OK, the noise is very low magnitude, so it should work.

Do show us a photo or video of your calibso machine - Im sure a lot of guys will find it very interesting!
JussiH

Postby Arne » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:35 pm

No fancy photos/videos yet, but there is a sneak preview:
DSCN0340_klein.JPG
DSCN0340_klein.JPG (497.22 KiB) Viewed 14614 times

OK, i'll try a slower one.
Arne

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi Arne,
this is a very nice machine. I've planned something similar but never got to it.
Looks like a simple and cheap solution - thx for showing it off!

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby Kisssys » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:49 pm

Arne,

I believe each axis needs to reach a minimum value and maximum value at the same time with each other axis. Without rotating the center also I don't believe you are achieving that. Maybe if you spin it long enough it works out.

You can display 2 axis at a time on the graph and make sure that occurs.

I have a harness I hang from a tree to calibrate my big machines, I had to add a slip ring in the middle to achieve that goal.

Cheers
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby JussiH » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:01 pm

JussiH

Postby Lindbaergh » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:22 pm

Lindbaergh

Postby Arne » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:20 pm

Arne

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:39 pm

...or rotate the given frame completely.
kinderkram

Postby Arne » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:53 am

I'll add a third frame to the calibso machine to cover the all dimensions, then it hopefully works as expected.
Anyway, I have a question about the IMU_MAG_INCL param. It has to be set after the cal -acc stuff, afterwards you run cal -mag and that will output a new IMU_MAG_INCL param, which will be copy'n'pasted to the param file. Ones transmitting the param file to the AQ the later IMU_MAG_INCL param will be write into the ROM. Is that correct?

My actual IMU_MAG_INCL is about -67 for Berlin, the calculated param is about -3.7e-004. I took a look at the great video tutorial made by terramax and the behavior is the same at first, but in the video somehow the correct IMU_MAG_INCL is transmitted to the AQ. Do I miss something here?
Arne

Next

Return to Calibration