Red solid LED when power on

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Red solid LED when power on

Postby monkey1 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:01 pm

After plugging power, my aq6 is solid red LED not green led flashing. But when i take out the Microsd card, plug power the green led flashing again.

I find the problem is sdcard. First day i use is sandisk class10 16gb, it can collect data. Second day, cannot detect by aq6, red led keep solid and no flash green LED. I have take it out to check and reformat it as fat32 with no luck, still cannot detect by aq6.

Then i take another sandisk class4 16gb, it works instantly. The green LED flashing again. It can conclude that sandisk class10 16gb is not reliable used in aq6.
monkey1

Re: Red solid LED when power on

Postby JussiH » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Normal behavior is:

No card inserted/booted/not armed: Green LED blinks 2 times a second
Card inserted/not armed : Green LED blinks 5 times a second
Armed: Solid green LED (regardless of card inserted or not)

We will be editing the uSD section of the docu regarding uSD cards. But for now the recommandation is to use cards no bigger than 8GB
JussiH

Postby monkey1 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:16 am

my status is when no card insert, red led solid. no others.

when i put sandisk ultra class 10 16gb, only red solid led, green led no blinks 2 times a second

when i put sandisk class4 16gb, green led blinks 5 times and start logging.

The attached Mag data seem cannot use, right?
Attachments
imu_mag2.jpg
Tonight I will try transcend class4 8gb, can it eliminate the MAG noise
imu_mag2.jpg (135.91 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
adc_temp2.jpg
This is using Sandisk class4 16GB
adc_temp2.jpg (129.24 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
adc_temp.jpg
This is using Sandisk ultra class10 16GB
adc_temp.jpg (107.83 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
monkey1

Postby JussiH » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:19 am

Ok, so the class 10 16GB is working, then use that :)

Your mag is very fuzzy and spiky. This probably comes from external noise emitters, like electronics, power cables, loudspeakers etc. Try and change location - find a place that is far away from power sources or running household appliances. We did have a user that could not get a good result in his home, but a change of location solved it for him...His own guess was that nearby electrical train tracks was the cause of it, but there is no way we can verify this...

If you are using a ziploc bag, try again without it. In some cases the plastic bags can introduce static that will show up in the mag logs.

Just to be sure - you dont have anything but the power connected when doing the static procedure?

It could also be caused by moisture that is condensing on the board as you bring it out of the freezer/fridge. Take care to seal the box before it is brought out of the freezer. Add a silica sachet or make a small cloth bag filled with rice and put that into container to suck up moisture/condensation.
JussiH

Return to Calibration