[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Always big Spikes on MAG...static

Always big Spikes on MAG...static

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Re: Always big Spikes on MAG...static

Postby JussiH » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:05 am

Send me an Email on info(at)viacopter.eu, and we will work out a replacement board.
JussiH

Re: AW: Always big Spikes on MAG...static

Postby ApoC » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:10 pm

Done.
ApoC

Postby monkey1 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:05 am

i have the same pro blem with you. are you using sandisk class4 16gb? ihave use 2 type of class4 sd will occur this situation. finally i use sandisk ultra 8g class10. everything goes perfect!
monkey1

Postby ApoC » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:08 pm

i tested 4 cards. all have the same issue.

have got a new board now. but i think, i have no more time to be a betatester, because of too much work (in RL)... :cry:
ApoC

Postby JussiH » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:54 pm

Read this thread, it might be similar issue you are seeing and not the cards. The similarity with your problem is stunning, and a solution was found eventually.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1715&start=30

Some users have reported similar problems that was associated with using ziploc bags, specially silverlined antistatic bags. Our best guess is that its caused by static buildup either in the box, insulation or ziploc bags. Its a wild guess but maybe in some cases the board inside a bag inside a plastic container can act like a Leyden Jar and the spikes in the mag is each time the static buildup discharges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leyden_jar

I have recently experienced that a uSD card died when I used a antistatic bag inside a tupperware box. The first log was horrible with many mag spikes and on second try, the card (Sandisk Mobile 8gb class10) died and can not be formatted anymore. So there is some evidence pointing towards a combo effect between static buildup and power consumption of individual cards.

For reference just try and make a log of the board at room temperature outside of your box. Try other box, without ziploc bag to rule out possible sources of the noise.

Is the "phonetic foam" you describe the pyramid stuff usually found in cars and sound studios? If its also antistatic, then it will be slightly conductive and not ideally suited for this application.

I really want to get to the bottom of this. The board you sent back has just arrived and I will try and generate temp compensation for it here. If it works, I will make the 3 files and we can exchange boards again!
JussiH

Postby ApoC » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:04 pm

Hey Jussi

I recieved the new autoquad, but what can i say?

Same thing always. I changed the Spots to my friend, to my flying field, to a sport place - i was with my girl geochaching and had my AQ in the carfreezer, tested it in a BUNKER with 3m thick walls.......and always when i defreeze it, it hast S P I K E S on mag.

This is my mag on roomtemp.

magroom.jpg

I logged face upside and then i flipped the board. As u can see. Spikes..:/

So, im feeling bad all the time....

The temp 1 seems to be bad too.

So what can we do now?

BTW: I send u the first AQ, but u didnt get the parcel from the post. "Ikke afhentet 15.12"

Why? I had costs, but nothing happens.
So i have to send it again - on my costs. Thats not okay.

I hope, we find a solution.

i attached some Pics, so u can see.

20130104_125240.jpg
temp.jpg
rate.jpg
mag.jpg
acc.jpg
temp345.jpg
Last edited by ApoC on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ApoC

Postby JussiH » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Yes, the postal service here failed to deliver it to me, and it was returned to you. I will cover the cost if you resend it.
JussiH

Postby ApoC » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:28 pm

Check again, i changed the pics and added more.
ApoC

Postby JussiH » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:30 pm

Have you tried the suggestions I made: first and foremost try and log it outside the box - I suspect that either your box is the problem (static), or your uSD card is causing this.
JussiH

Postby ApoC » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:31 pm

Yep. the first Pic u see, is my log outside the box, without any foam.

And i changed the uSD many times. Tested 4, all the same issue.

EDIT: I added another short room temp log. with another sd card. as u can see. the same.

room_another_card.jpg
ApoC

PreviousNext

Return to Calibration