Always big Spikes on MAG...static

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

Re: Always big Spikes on MAG...static

Postby JussiH » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:37 pm

Well, I dont know what to say - if it shows up on two different boards, it has to be something in your environment or method. You can return the board and get a refund!
JussiH

Postby ApoC » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:40 pm

have u checked my first board?

what logs can u do with it, in ure house?

So, when i changed the places where i log, there many km away from another. so i have the the issues. what can it be?

i dont think, that the second board have an issue, but it must be something with it.
ApoC

Postby JussiH » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:45 pm

No, since the postal service failed to deliver it, I havent been able to check it out. Please resend it!

I would be willing to generate static logs for your board here, but you will have to send it to me...

I had a similar case, where a person got the exact same spikes on the board, but when I tested it here, I could not repeat it. In fact that board is flying one of my crafts with no problems.
JussiH

Postby ApoC » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:50 pm

Oh...sure...u never had a chance to test - because the post failed. ;)

u CAN do this logs, but it must be a problem, so im aware, that maybe a problem comes later, when im flying.

So i test a last one, in another location. if i get no good logs, we have to speak about the refund. i hope its okay then.

then i will send the both boards again.
ApoC

Postby ApoC » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:36 pm

I did a quick test, with my labor power supply instead a lipo.

so, i can see, that the current goes up, always, when i have this spikes. from 80mA to 100mA. i checked the current spikes with my logs and can see, that always if i had the 100mA current consumption, my mag did a spike.

so, maybe it helps.

i dont know, whats wrong.
ApoC

Postby JussiH » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Im not sure I like the tone of your recent post...just return both boards and you will get a full refund.
JussiH

Postby ApoC » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Hey Jussi

it was not a bad tone in my post. i ask: have u tested it? and u said: no, because i dont get it from the post.
it was my fault, because how should u test it, when the post gets the parcel not to u?

thats all.

whats with my current thing? is it possible, that the uSD consumps too much current? i tested 4, from 1gb - 8gb, diffent vendors. always this spikes.
ApoC

Postby JussiH » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:19 pm

OK, you seemed overly sarcastic, and I really dont have time for "jokers" when I am trying to help out...but to explain what happened, I had changed adress for the holidays, and Post DK sent me a notice about it arriving, but then sent it to the wrong postoffice. Before I could go and pick it up, it was returned to you.

I really dont know what is going on there. I will need to examine the boards here.

Only thing I can think of right now is a problem with your Vin cable - AQ should consume a steady current and not jump up and down. What voltage are you supplying?

Just to be sure: Is this happening on both your boards or just on the one you reported to begin with? I find it highly unlikely that both boards should have the exact same error, so that would point to some problem in your method or environment.

Some uSD cards consume a lot of power, but the ones that are recommended should work.
JussiH

Postby ApoC » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:40 pm

Im not sarcastic. not a few. i bought a piece of beta hardware. im in, to test and to love it. not more. yeah, maybe a little bit pissed - but, its okay. ive no time too, to send the things around without any solution.

but now, i got a second board - with the same issues - and then it must be in my environment? When i changed the place to log so many times? i dont think so. i was in so many locations, there nothing. there gras and trees and bees - but nothing of steel or similar, what can interference a mag.

the current grows always, i have a spike. thats not my environment. i tested it with a 3S Lipo (12,6V) and a labor power supply (10 - 12,6V). Al these ranges are tested - with spikes on mag.

and yes, all boards, the first too, have this issue.

i dont think, its my environment, yet. after so many tests - and jumping current - i dont think the problem is here.
What method can i do wrong? Connecting a FTDI, burning FW, connecting a cable / lipo?
freezing it a hour, defreezing it a hour - start logging on diffent locations?

Sorry Jussi, thats all what i can do. I had a second board, but i see this failures again.

If u have the boards, plz start a normal temp logging, leveld. 30sek. Check the mag x/y/z and u will see, what i mean. little, often big spikes. But, acually, i dont have much time for testing. so we should talk about refund.

if u post your logs from both boards here, im fine.
ApoC

Postby JussiH » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:46 pm

Ok,

Please send both boards back to me. If you want a refund, you will get it.

Otherwise, I can offer to send you a new r2 board with the 3 temperature files done here. Thats the best I can do...
JussiH

PreviousNext

Return to Calibration