[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - VN-100 Config file.

VN-100 Config file.

Static, Dynamic, Log File Analysis, Troubleshooting

VN-100 Config file.

Postby emil_m » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:04 am

Hi,

Can someone tell me where to get the VN-100 config file: "VN100.TXT"
emil_m

Re: VN-100 Config file.

Postby bn999 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:18 pm

That file is unique to each VN100 module and is first created by saving the parameters from your VN100.
bn999

Postby emil_m » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:45 pm

OK.

It works, now I have my own VN-100 config file.

I have another questions:
1. What gives a place at the end of each command string "1234", ex. "$VNWRG,01,VN-100T,1234*" ?
2. What is in the register 255? I have not found a description of this register in the VN-100 User Manual ?
emil_m

Postby bn999 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:22 pm

Register 255 is undocumented - I cannot say more. In order to use the VN100 with the support that is in the AQ codebase, you will need a special experimental version of firmware for the VN100. This version is only available directly from VectorNav. Using the VN100 as an IMU is not officially supported by the AutoQuad project at this time.
bn999

Postby Wingspinner » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:41 pm

Ron
"WingSpinner"
Wingspinner

Postby emil_m » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:58 am

OK.

Thanks for help.
Now I need to contact with VectorNav.
emil_m

Postby funkjan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:22 am

Hi Emil,

My name is Jan and like you I am new member here in the AQ forum.
I had probably the same idea like you to ease my life by purchasing a VN100.
But now - thx to this post - I realize that it"s not done with the purchase, because after that you got to get it working with the AQ6 - without any step by step guide you can follow - like the regular ones here.

Did VectorNav answered meanwhile and could you manage to use their firmware?

As I am a new user - I think I'm not allowed to write PM - maybe you already - otherwise for sure there are more people interested in how to integrate the VN100 in the AQ 6 system - so some news are appreciated - thx

Jan
funkjan

Postby emil_m » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi Jan,

The truth is the AQ6 does not really support VN-100.

Here is e-mail from VectorNav:
"Emilian,

Thanks for your inquiry. As you were informed, we did develop an experimental VN-100 firmware for testing on Mr. Nesbitt's quadrotor platforms. The modifications required eliminating or crippling much of the typical VN-100 feature set, and as such we cannot currently support the firmware as we do our standard product. Additionally, this firmware was developed over a year ago on previous hardware and firmware revisions, and is not directly compatible with your hardware.

However, if you will agree to being a beta tester, I will begin porting the required changes into our latest firmware line for the hardware you have. I cannot guarantee a schedule, but I estimate that it will take me a couple of weeks to perform the software engineering and some initial testing. I would like to emphasize that I do not have an AutoQuad board, and I will not be able to guarantee compatibility or performance in that application. However, I would appreciate any feedback and will try to help you where I can. Of course, you will be able to revert back to the stock, supported firmware at any time if desired.

Let me know if you would be interested in working with me to test an updated experimental version of the VN-100 firmware that will support the AutoQuad and we will move forward from there.

Best regards,
James"

Emil.
emil_m

Postby chschmid » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi Jan
Thats very promissing.
Is it that what we are talking about?

VN-100 Rugged @ $800.00
Calibration Thermal (valid @ -40C to 85C) (+$300.00)
Contact us for quantities 10+•Includes:
◦Fully calibrated sensor housed by a lightweight, robust aluminum enclosure

Maybe I will be in for that if it promisses an advantage. It would be good to have +- 10 people for this project and Bill's support. Furthermore we should provide a board to James.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby bn999 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:32 pm

From what I know, there should be a relatively small amount of work needed from VectorNav's side and very little (other than testing) from the AQ side to make their new VN100 hardware version work with AQ as an IMU.

If there were motivated people on both sides, I would be willing to work on it.
bn999

Next

Return to Calibration