AQ with Eurgle 9X

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: AQ with Eurgle 9X

Postby chschmid » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:35 pm

If you have a spektrum radio (or TX module), use the satelite for the AQ and you are out of trouble. No need for PPM conversion. If you need other equippment, just bind a receiver and use it standalone (no connection to AQ beside 5V for power, +- 1 Amp max on that Recom). If you need more power, use an external voltage regulator (BEC) to power the extra receiver and its attached devices.
BTW, before using the satelite, bind it to your TX with any receiver, then unplug the sat from the reveiver and plug it the AQ. If you bind with a receiver up to 7000 series, use 10bit on the AQ side, otherwise, 8000 series and up use 11bit. Always use DSM2 modulation. AQ is not ready for DSMX yet.

I hope that helps.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby leopold1 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:49 pm

I've been looking at the DM9 TX module in combination with AR8000 + satellite. This could be a nice solution.
What should be the range of only one satellite connected?
leopold1

Postby chschmid » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:47 pm

AR8000 & 1 sat has a range far beyond line of sight. But for the AQ you only need the sat. Ther AR8000 is used for binding only.
chschmid

Postby leopold1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Two weeks ago I finally received my SPEKTRUM DM9 module with AR7000 receiver.
The DM9 module is a plug play module that works with the ER9X FW. Plug and play is a little bit to optimistic because there was a connection problem. The header pins in the TX are a little bit to short to make a firm connection with the DM9 module. So I modded the DM9 a little bit so that its connector is lowered a bit maximising connection with the header pin from the TX. (Its not a good thing to loose TX RX link during flight ;) )
The radio setupwent quite smooth and some adjustments were made concerning end and mid points.
Conclusion, the EURGLE 9X with ER9X fw and the Spektrum DM9 module is a great alternative for persons on a budget.
leopold1

Previous

Return to Connections