[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - what osd to use?

what osd to use?

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: what osd to use?

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:35 am

Has there been any progress made with the MinimOSD and AQ? I'm just going to recompile the latest minimOSD extra code to change the baud rate, but what else do I need to change to get it going? I'm most interested in having battery voltage, flight mode, heading/distance to home, and gps lock.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:23 am

Hey sharpshooter,

If you get this going can you please provide a step by step guide? I'm waiting on an order from Jussi and when it's complete I plan to add the miniosd to the frame.

Thanks

James
Jdmagoo

Postby axelnied » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:07 am

axelnied

Postby chschmid » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:33 am

You can use your 3.3V FTDI cable. 5V is fine too.
Select arduino nano with Atmega 328.
Upload from arduino 1.x. You do not need a hex file. Just open the source code in arduino, make the changes and upload.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby axelnied » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:09 am

thanks Christof!

I downloaded the files from the latest release one by one - kinda painful... is there an easier way to download all of them in "bulk"?

have u had success with the minimosd, any other modifications to the code?
axelnied

Postby trypt » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:43 am

I got my MinimOSD too. But it came without a bootloader so I could not use the config tool (it just said "talk to bootloader failed etc) Managed to upgrade to the 2.0 firmware hex file but did not hep with the bootloader.

So I used my arduino as an ISP hooked it up to the ISP headers of the MinimOSD and ran avrdude to program bootloader. Now the config tool was working but no working display output of the minimosd. So I tried to upgrade the firmware again, now the display is working with my last config but config tool is not working again (seems like the firmware upload is overwriting the bootloader).

I see that I MAVLINK heartbeats are received but cannot confirm if heading, altitude and speed etc are working as my hexa is not flying yet.
trypt

Postby chschmid » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:45 pm

Attachments
Minim OSD.rar
(2.85 MiB) Downloaded 793 times
chschmid

Postby axelnied » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Christof,

Thanks again, I never heard of turtoiseSVN... Another thing I just learned!
I moved the libraries, made the change to the code and it compiled (Verify) okay - without any errors.
Tonight I will see, that I can flash it to the minimOSD and then connect it.
I will report back.
axelnied

Postby chschmid » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:38 pm

And you can use TortoiseSVN for the AQ source as well. Just run update and you have the latest version in your repository.

Hope to hear soon how it went with MinimOsd.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby axelnied » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:45 am

Medium Success!
Figured out how to get the minimOSD set NTSC and get a few others sorted out.

- Heading does not seem to work
- Compass or heading rise does not work
- Voltage okay but remaining battery does not work
- GS (ground speed) shows as FWB? (the symbols from the config tool are different on what you see on the screen).

axelnied

PreviousNext

Return to Connections