[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - what osd to use?

what osd to use?

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: what osd to use?

Postby GoFaster » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Right, only those + MAV Heartbeat works out of the box. MinimOSD code is geared towards Arduproject, and AQ's Mavlink implementation is not fully fleshed out yet. I've been fiddling around and gotten some other things to work.
GoFaster

Postby Kisssys » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:01 am

Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby rwijnhov » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:57 am

Same quesion here. I am more then willing to support the original minimosd. But then it has to work with aq.
rwijnhov

Postby GoFaster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi Steve -

What sort of compile errors are you getting?

I've fiddled with 1.29 of Gabor's MinimOSD code and gotten some stuff to display correctly. Recently I downloaded the latest 2.1 beta branch and started looking at that. It compiles fine under Arduino 1.0.1 here..
It also sounds like Menno is fleshing out AQ's Mavlink implementation.

- Felix
GoFaster

Postby Kisssys » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:47 pm

HI Felix,

Arduino 1.0.1 does not like bluetooth I finally figured out, got the library in the right place and wasted 30 minutes trying to find out where they hide the hex file and I compiling. I still think Arduino sucks.

I am compiling MinumOsd-extra and these are the common messages.

OSD parses these messages
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_HEARTBEAT
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_SYS_STATUS
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_GPS_RAW_INT
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_VFR_HUD
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_ATTITUDE
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_RC_CHANNELS_RAW
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_WIND

These messages are AQ and common to the OSD
mavlink_msg_heartbeat_send
mavlink_msg_sys_status_send
mavlink_msg_gps_raw_int_send

These are AQ messages that can be sent
mavlink_msg_attitude_send
mavlink_msg_scaled_imu_send
mavlink_msg_scaled_pressure_send
mavlink_msg_rc_channels_raw_send
mavlink_msg_rc_channels_scaled_send
mavlink_msg_servo_output_raw_send
mavlink_msg_statustext_send
mavlink_msg_param_value_send
mavlink_msg_mission_request_send
mavlink_msg_mission_ack_send
mavlink_msg_mission_ack_send
mavlink_msg_mission_item_send
mavlink_msg_mission_count_send
mavlink_msg_sys_status_send
mavlink_msg_change_operator_control_ack_send
mavlink_msg_command_ack_send
mavlink_msg_mission_current_send
mavlink_msg_mission_item_reached_send

I would like to add this message possibly to AQ
MAVLINK_MSG_ID_NAV_CONTROLLER_OUTPUT

I hate OSD's that are so full of junk data that you can't see where your going so I like to do things a little different.

This should help us see why we're only viewing a few items.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby GoFaster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:18 pm

GoFaster

Postby Kisssys » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:56 pm

Felix,

That's great, I'll help you anyway I can.

Cheers
Steve
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Omnitoto » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:14 pm

It seems to work pretty ok with the latest firmware. I just changed the baudrate in the firmware tried inside the house but the main information seem to be ok.

Does information related to home (direction, distance) are available from the AQ?
Omnitoto

Postby Perce » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Hello,

I'm asking if you have trouble with the screen resolution of the minimosd ?
(specifically between the image from the PAL video camera and the text of the OSD ?)

Should I pay attention about Mavlink version ?

I'm currently adapting the code for the AQ, but maybe you already post it somewhere and I didn't notice ?
if yes I'm interested :D

BTW Did you use the source from minimosd or minimosd Extra ?

Sorry for all this questions, I want try to fly in FPV this weekend ! :mrgreen:

All the best.
Perce
Perce

Postby trypt » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:17 am

What is the status of minimosd and autoquad with the current firmwares? Will most of MAVLINK info from the autoquad work out of the box?
trypt

PreviousNext

Return to Connections