[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - what osd to use?

what osd to use?

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: what osd to use?

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:52 am

Jdmagoo

Postby Jdmagoo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:20 pm

Ok - I have spent the entire day learning Arduino and changing code. Have never touch either before so a big learning curve.

Anyway, attached is a working HEX for the minimOSD. The firmware is the latest beta minimOSD Extra. I have changed the baud rate to suit AQ and activated heading so its displayed in the OSD. Also, i have renamed some of the flight modes to suit AQ, ie man = manual and PosH = position Hold. There is still allot of mav messages that need to be incorporated and for some reason my warnings are not displaying.

Anyway the mav messages and other features are for someone else with more than a few hours experience.

My head hurts

Use at your own risk
Attachments
ArduCAM_OSD.cpp.zip
(28.98 KiB) Downloaded 808 times
Jdmagoo

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Alright,

i have downgraded the firmware to a previous version as the latest has a bug which doesnt show warnings. Attached is a HEX file of that version.

The following warnings work:

- Low battery
- Low RSSI
- No GPS Fix (this only displays if the AQ is armed)
- Disarmed

Also, i have renamed the following flight modes:

- Man = Manual
- Man = Manual after throttle is increased from 0 (take off)
- PosH = Position Hold

Now i havent tested this airborne so if you see a name (that doesnt make sense) for DVH, RTL, Carefree or the Mission modes please let me know and I can change them to suit AQ

I dont know if the next way point directions work or not

Again use at your own risk

Cheers

James
Attachments
ArduCAM_OSD_627_Copter.cpp.zip
(28.65 KiB) Downloaded 778 times
Jdmagoo

Postby axelnied » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:40 pm

James,

Wow, this is good work, I will see that I get mine setup with "your" firmware and report back - will take me a while though. Should we create a MinimOSD-AQ project on Google-Code, so we can track progress and download the sources? I've been following JR from the OpenPilot project, he was able to get a "radar" and current-sensor implemented as well...

I got the TBS OSD, and though it is pretty easy to "install" it is just not flexible enough, and the extra GPS is not necessary, since the data is already available via AQ.

Axel
axelnied

Postby Kisssys » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:04 am

Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby bluuu » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:11 am

I do tests with my PCB.
Could you share source ?
bluuu

Postby Max » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:31 am

Max

Postby bluuu » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:59 am

what do you think about this ?

bluuu_osd_m.jpg
bluuu_osd_m.jpg (97.29 KiB) Viewed 14537 times

Electricaly is compatible with minimOSD + JDrone i/o board :)

can anybody help me with programming ?
bluuu

Postby Jdmagoo » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:07 am

Jdmagoo

Postby Jdmagoo » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:22 am

Updated to the latest R681 firmware that the guys over at DIYDrones have created. This one removes the warning bug so they are now displayed, they also removed the Disarmed warning which i was quite partial to so i put it back.

Also, just so people are aware the AQ board temperature can be displayed and works well.
Finally i think the previous version had a power on timer bug which now works with this one

Again use at your own risk

James
Attachments
ArduCAM_OSD_681_Copter.cpp.zip
(29.18 KiB) Downloaded 796 times
Jdmagoo

PreviousNext

Return to Connections