[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - How to arm AutoQuad with DX6i

How to arm AutoQuad with DX6i

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

How to arm AutoQuad with DX6i

Postby kboysz » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:27 pm

How do you arm AutoQuad without a 3 position switch? How do you set arming up on a DX6i (AUX2), the wiki on flight radio switches shows 3 position switches.
kboysz

Re: How to arm AutoQuad with DX6i

Postby kinderkram » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:59 am

You don't arm it via switch but via stick input: throttle full down, yaw full right for 3 seconds. On a mode2 radio means left stick to the lower right corner.
kinderkram

Postby kboysz » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:11 pm

I still cannot arm with stick input: throttle full down, yaw full right for 3 seconds. So it doesn't matter what position the FLAPSW and AUX2 switch has to be in. Im going by the picture of the switch and setting in the wiki.
kboysz

Postby kinderkram » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:21 am

Both switches need to be in "start" position.
All other positions are for navigation purposes.
kinderkram

Postby chschmid » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:30 am

AQ uses channels 6 & 7 for NAV functions. You need to reassign the hardcoded channels in radio.h. Otherwise you can not access "Aux2" functions. Afterwards you need to mix your Tx to achive down-middle-up position on the NAV channels. But I am not sure if you can do that with DX6.

Good luck
Christof
chschmid

Postby epyonxero » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:42 pm

I was trying to use an Aurora 9 with an S.Bus adapter to connect to my AQ but I have had a lot of problems with the AQ going into Radio Loss mode and my hexa trying to fly away so I decided to try seeing if I could use my DX6i to fly my copter.

I was able get it to arm and fly in manual and Pos Hold mode. I havent tried mission mode yet but I dont see any reason why it wouldnt. I havent figured out how to get the Aux 2 functions to work yet.

First thing you need to do is using R22 or later change the Radio channel assignments:
Gear=6
Flap=4
Aux2=5

Then go into the DX6i Adjust Menu and select "Mix 1" and use these settings:
GEAR--> GEAR ACT
RATE D -12% U -93%
SW ELE D/R TRIM INH

This mixes the Gear switch and the Elev D/R switches to make one 3-position switch. The rate percentages above are what worked for me to give high mid and low outputs on the radio values tab but I suppose it may be different for others.
With this AUX2 stays at 49% which will allow you to arm the AQ. Gear switch in the 0 position and the Elev switch in the 1 position puts you in Manual/Arm mode. Gear switch in the 1 position and Elev switch in the 1 position puts you in ALT/POS hold. Gear switch in the 1 position and Elev in the 0 position is Mission mode.
epyonxero

Postby rput » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Hi all,

just thought I would post my settings for the DX6i for using the AQ:

DX6I Settings for AutoQuad Use
1. Flaps: Norm +100 and Land -100
2. Mix 1: Gear->Gear, U -100%, SW AIL D/R
3. Mix 2: Flap->Flap, U -100%, SW ELE D/R
4. Reverse: AIL, RUD, FLAP reversed. Others normal

This way the switches should all be down when starting. The functions are as follows:
FLAP 1 - Manual mode
FLAP 0 +ELEV D/R 1 - PH
FLAP 0 + ELEV D/R 0 - Mission mode

AIL D/R 0 - Set Home Position
GEAR 0 - RTH

Hope this helps...
Richard
rput

Return to Connections