[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ and FrSky Smart Port telemetry

AQ and FrSky Smart Port telemetry

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

AQ and FrSky Smart Port telemetry

Postby Altix » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:27 am

Since a couple of weeks, a very smart soloution to display a FC's telemetry data is available for DJI systems. The little expansion board called Anysense (third party sokution) connects to the system's CAN bus and sends a number of different telemetry data to a Taranis via FrSky's Smart Port. These data can then nicely be displayed by LUA scripts in the Taranis' display. The Anysense works with HOTT respectively, other protocolls like Jeti etc. will follow (see also www.anysense.de)

Is there anything like the Anysense available for the AQ platform? Without digging into details I have in mind, that somehow, data can be displayed in HOTT transmitters. But I am totally happy with my Taranis and do not intend to change my radio equipment within the near future.
Regards, Michael
Altix

Re: AQ and FrSky Smart Port telemetry

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:49 am

There´s already a solution using an Arduino Tensy and the sPort:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3367

Menno is working on a native solution btw.
kinderkram

Postby joebar.rc » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:46 am

Nice, did not see that.
HoTT is available native on the AQ, we have the code for the frsky too, but both are not in the official fw release.
I like the CAN idea though, I already ported most of the HoTT code to the AQ PDB (not available yet) where the telemetry data is send via the CAN bus. So basically the same.
I could imagine that a small board like the teensy or with a small stm32f3xx with CAN transceiver and an uart port would be ideal for that for applications where the PDB is to much overhead or too large.

The CAN protocol (or message definition) is however not standardized, so that would make a universal application difficult.

Hmm, something for in the 'like to-do' queue.
Menno
joebar.rc

Postby sandmen » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:43 pm

I don't know, if Menno is working on Taranis - Telemetrie (Smart.Port), because it's already implemented in AQ.
sandmen

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:26 pm

kinderkram

Postby sandmen » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think it makes sense to put all the different telemetry stuff into the main fw, and have all avalible. I offered already somewhere, that i can compile a FRSky version.
sandmen

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:59 pm

kinderkram

Postby Altix » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:29 pm

Thanks for your replies. So, if there is an implementation in a FW already, is there any info available so that I could start digging a bit into it? I'm just a (less experienced AQ)user but not a coder in any way, so I'm afraid, I'd need at least some basic documentation in order to make use of that feature.
Regards, Michael
Altix

Postby sandmen » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:41 am

You need a peace of HW for AQ6.
We have to Invert the signal, and make from a UART TX/RX a Single wire.
It's not really difficult, just a 74HC04XXX and 1N4148, that's all.
sandmen

Return to Connections