[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - 3DR_RadioTelemetry

3DR_RadioTelemetry

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: 3DR_RadioTelemetry

Postby qalid » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:06 pm

I did that many times, I looked up in the processes to confirm that its close.
Surprisingly, nothing happens in QGC 131, nothing at all. It just shows as if its connected, but no data/telemetry nothing.
qalid

Postby LPR » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:50 pm

Last edited by LPR on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby qalid » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi Larry,

Thanks for explaining, I actually saw your previous posts later after posting the issue here, I tried 115200 as well.
Got nothing, am trying now while writing, QGC121 just completely crashes the moment I click Start Telemetry! This goes for ever..

In QGC131, nothing happens at all, it shows as connected, but I don't get to see any live Telemetry..

Thanks
qalid

Postby LPR » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:45 pm

Qalid

There is one more little thing you need to know. You must to have the 3D radio connected to your computer first and then start the QGC. The QGC will not know the port you should use unless it is in use as you start the QGC.

I've not seen the QGC crash because of trying to connect to a 3D radio.

I've seen many times that you get the QGC to say "connected" and you get nothing because you have the wrong port or baud rate.

Larry
LPR

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:08 pm

joebar.rc

Postby qalid » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi Menno,

I'm using 6.6, I used both QGC 1.2.1 & 1.3.1

Right, I can't actually do any other function as you listed. I can succefuly establish the connection using COM port, however, in 1.2.1 I see these weird digits showing up under communication console:
0x86 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xf8 0xfe 0x98 0xe0 0x98 0xfe 0x9e ~ 0x80 ` 0xf0 0x1e 0xc0 0x86 0xf8 ~ 0x8c ~ 0xf0 0x18 0xfc 0xfe 0xfe 0xf8 0xe6 0x98 0xf8 f 0x80 0xe0 0xfe 0x9e 0x80 0x06 0xfe 0x00 0xfe 0x80 0xe0 0x98 0xfe 0xe0 ~ 0x00 ` 0xf8 0x9e 0x86 0x9e 0x86 0x9e 0x86 0x9e 0x86 0x9e 0x86 0x9e 0x86 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xf8 :? :?

But as I said, I can't read or access any function in QGC and it crashes only when I starts the Telemetry (in 121)

Thanks
qalid

Postby qalid » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:30 pm

Just to be more clear, I meant by not able to read/access any parameter is QGC remains the same as it was before making 3DR connection - nothings changes/updates.
qalid

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Right, I'm not sure if the telemetry function works in 6.6, all the other gcs functions should of course work.
The weird characters is actually mavlink data, so there is communication only maybe not correct....

Can you make a screenshot of the communication widget, just before you actually connect?. So, in gcs, add communication link, then your comport and take a screenshot from that widget...
And the rx cable TO your computer seems te be working, but can you checkout the tx cable?, AQ will always dump some mavlink data but all the other functions require a working return channel, mavlink wants a message back with specifications.
Maybe the line from the computer TX to AQ rx is buggy...

Just some checks, maybe we find something :)
joebar.rc

Postby qalid » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Here comes, Menno.

And as you can see, connected but nothing shows up.

Sorry but what you means by Tx or Rx cable to the computer. I'm using the 3DR kit, now the ground module has got built in USB port which is connected directly to my computer.

At the other end, I've GND, +5 and Tx, Rx both swapped.
Attachments
Connected.jpg
Connected.jpg (114.08 KiB) Viewed 17043 times
Add_Link.jpg
Add_Link.jpg (89.18 KiB) Viewed 17043 times
qalid

Postby qalid » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:06 pm

And yes I've tried Baud Rate 57600 - no difference.
qalid

PreviousNext

Return to Connections