[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - 3DR_RadioTelemetry

3DR_RadioTelemetry

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: 3DR_RadioTelemetry

Postby Max » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:38 am

Hi Igor,

I couple of things you could try, if you haven't yet...

a) Reduce Air Speed (by half to start).
b) In QGC, enable re-transmission of actions/commands (see red outline in screenshot below). This is disabled by default, but can help a lot especially with param and mission upload.
c) Disable Mavlink in the 3DR Radio setup.

I also have one clone radio module (and 2 originals) and with the clone especially I found a combination of a) and b) to be most helpful (I forget the final air rate I was happy with, but it was decent). I have heard that c) can help, even though it seems counter-intuitive.

qgc-serial-mavlink-retransmit.png
qgc-serial-mavlink-retransmit.png (37.51 KiB) Viewed 27934 times

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:29 pm

Some of the 3DR clones are a pita. There were early versions with wrong antennas or missing GND connections.
I have one here that drove me nuts: perfect connection but a range of a few meters, no matter what I tried.

Now I´ve ordered one of the SENA Parani UD100 BT dongles. They´re class1 with an advertised reach of 300m with standard antenna and up to 1000m with a patch antenna.

Also ordered a 5db Dipole antenna that should boost up the range to 500-600m. I´ve seen shops offering both for ~40€

Jussi already tested a similar device that was hard to come by. The only shop which had stock took a month to tell me that they didn´t...
Jussi had good connections to cheap 10$ BT/UART models with a tested range of ~200m.

If mine work it´ll be a universal solution for telemetry stuff of all kind like AQ, MWC, Alexmos.
They can establish up to 7 connections simultaneously.

Will open a new thread for this once delivered and tested...

German shop: http://www.expansys.de/sena-parani-ud10 ... 0m-247234/
US shop: http://store.netgate.com/Parani-SENA-Bl ... P1350.aspx
kinderkram

Postby kiteigor » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:57 am

Max,
Thanks for the hints, but all options have been unsuccessful.
After several changes, rx stopped to save settings to memory...
I gave up, after many hours of attempts.
I think it's time to order original 3dr, or Xbee...

The BLT, looks promising, I think it very interesting option for mid-range applications ...

Cheers,
Igor
kiteigor

Postby bluuu » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:46 am

kiteigor: send me your modems, there must be small bug, i'll check it on my working setup
bluuu

Postby kiteigor » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:00 am

Ok ,super!
Adam ,many thanks.
kiteigor

Postby kinderkram » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:35 pm

My UD100 BT dongle and 5dB antenna came yesterday. Indoors i get the same rage as the 3DR radio.
Will test it outside tomorrow to see the real range LOS.

Since I can establish up to 7 simultaneous BT connections, I´m able to connect the AQ, the Alexmos and a BT headset to listen to the text messages - perfect! 8-)
kinderkram

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:46 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby kinderkram » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi Joerg,

it´s one of those standard class 2 BT/UART modules from Flyduino/Viacopter:

kinderkram

Postby Florian75 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:34 pm

Hello,

can somebody be so kind and post his 3dr (433Mhz) configuration for the AQ? With the following setting the communication is verry slow.

S0: FORMAT=25
S1: SERIAL_SPEED=115
S2: AIR_SPEED=128
S3: NETID=42
S4: TXPOWER=11
S5: ECC=1
S6: MAVLINK=0
S7: OPPRESEND=1
S8: MIN_FREQ=433050
S9: MAX_FREQ=434790
S10: NUM_CHANNELS=10
S11: DUTY_CYCLE=100
S12: LBT_RSSI=0
S13: MANCHESTER=0
S14: RTSCTS=0

regards
Florian
Florian75

Postby Crizz » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:36 pm

Long time no news here - maybe anybody can help me ?

Have the latest release on my AQ6 and tried to connect this version of the 3DR telemetry
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _V1_1.html

(got it from a colleage that bought it double and uses it on his APM)

In the first i couldnt establish a connect, then found the 3DR Setup-Tool and set it from default to 115kBaus serial speed, 128 k Airspeed and the german restrictions for 433 MHz band useage.

Now i can establish connection to QGC, but it is interrupted after a few seconds ( 3...4 ) and it takes up to 8 seconds to re-link to the remote modul. MAVlink-Info says 75% TX-loss

Can anybody say if this loss is a sign of bad hardware , or how i can fix the problem ? Interruption of link is period, nearl same time connection stays and is lost. I´m in doubt the remote-module fails, because on the RadioSetup-Tool i dont get info about Remote-Version, and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 write-commands to change parameters or read the remote module.

Meanwhile i tried even connection with 57 kBaud, works, but only with 128 Airspeed also, and 115 kbaud with 64 Airspeed doesnt work at all.

Any suggestions what i can do, or should i better go for Xbee modules or any other kind instead of CopyKing hardware ?
Crizz

PreviousNext

Return to Connections