[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ arms but ESC32 using CAN remains unarmed

AQ arms but ESC32 using CAN remains unarmed

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: AQ arms but ESC32 using CAN remains unarmed

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:22 pm

Very strange,

for the ESC32 I just checked, configuration is right (CANID 4) the can connection is perfect CANH on DIMU connected to CANH on ESC32 and CANL on DIMU connected to CANL on ESC32.

The SD-Card only contains logfiles of the AQ, no configuration files for the ESC32.
Is there anything special that needs to be configured on the ESC32 for them to be recognized as CAN?

I connected CANH, CANL and +5V.
I performed a calibration for my motor prop combination, I stored the calculated values on all 4 ESC32, set the CANID to the corresponding value 1 to 4 and set the right direction. I have performed no other changes to any setting.
Is there anything else, that needs to be configured for CAN?
I used for the CAN connection a selfmade cable where all CAN cables from the ESC and from the AQ come together at one point, like a 5 branch star, but this should not be a problem as far as I understood the documentation and the threads here in the forum.

What would happen if I had interverted CANH and CANL, could this damage anything or would it only result in communication between AQ and EC fail. This is only a question, I have checked and it is not inverted.
Last edited by DUKE40 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby DUKE40 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:23 am

another question, flashing the ESC32 to R57 would this mean I have to perform the calibration again with the new FW formy motor / prop combination? Or would the calculated values emeain the same and I just need to store them again on the ESC32?
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby chschmid » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:37 am

chschmid

Postby chschmid » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:39 am

chschmid

Postby DUKE40 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:43 am

Ok, i will Do that this evening hoping this will solve the other issues as well.
By the way i tried with ground connected as well, but no success either!

By the way I did check my AQ logs on the SD Card as I was sure that I did test this with one ESC32 connected before putting everything together, by that time I had only connected one ESC32, the main battery was not connected, only AQ was powered and I had connected GND from AQ to ESC32 as well.
And this is the log:
Mavlink init
ADC init
ADC task started
DIMU: EEprom init
DIMU: Reading values from EEprom
DIMU: cannot read EEPROM parameters!
Battery cells: 3
Radio init
GrHott on RC port 0
GPS init
Nav init
Command interface init
CAN: Found 1 node type ESC
Motors init
Radio task started
GPS task task started
Motors: cannot find CAN id [1]
ESC32: CAN ID: 2, ver: 2.0.0
ESC32: CAN cannot read parameters
Motors: cannot find CAN id [3]
Motors: cannot find CAN id [4]
Control init
Control task started
Gimbal init
Gimbal PITCH stabilization port initialized.
Gimbal ROLL stabilization port initialized.
Gimbal TILT control port initialized.
Gimbal radio PASSTHROUGH port initialized.
HoTT Telemetry init
HoTT enable ESC32 monitor
AQ S/N: 36373532-33314716-00320038
Mavlink SYS ID: 106
SYS Clock: 168 MHz
8615/8984 heap used/high water
32648 of 40960 CCM heap used
Run task started
AQ FW ver: 7.0 - EXPR rev416 b1794, HW ver: 6 rev1
Disarmed
HoTT Telemetry task started
Initialization complete, READY.
Armed
GPS: trying new baud rate
Disarmed

So either when putting everything together I made a mistake in the connecting the wires, or the issue is somewhere else.
I will have to go step by step again.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:44 am

Hi Duke40,

My ESC32 were also connected as yours - only CAN bus and +5V supply - since GND comes from the LiPo. So be shure you have GND connected!

Your log tells you only one node (ESC32 for Motor 2) is responing; 1,3 and 4 not.
So:
- check your connections
- check ESC32 settings to make shure you stored the parameters

Think of using the latest AQ6 firmware r429 (at time of writing).
Report back!
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby DUKE40 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:58 am

Hi Joerg,

as I mentioned the log I posted was when I tested with only one ESC32 connected, so it is correct that only one was found.

But that was before I build everything into the Quad, so it might be that I made some mistake will connecting all the wires.

Again the question I already raised what would happen if I had by mistake switched CANL and CANH, I mean having
connected CANL on AQ to CANH on ESC32? Could this cause any damage to the ESC32 or the AQ?

As I said I up to now only checked one ESC32 and wiring was correct, settings and parameters were stored in the ESC.

Currently the to latest known AQ firmware with HoTT telemetry is r416, and this is what I use.

I will report back, but not before this evening as I am now at work and the Quad is at home ;-)
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby JussiH » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:25 am

Check resistance across the CAN connector when all is connected, You should get around 60ohms with all nodes connected. I had 40 ohm on one of my builds and resulted in some of the ESC´s not beeing recognized.
JussiH

Postby DUKE40 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:28 am

Hi Jussi,

I have already checked this yesterday and I have exactly 59.9Ohms, so everything is OK on that point.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby chschmid » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:37 pm

chschmid

PreviousNext

Return to Connections