[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ arms but ESC32 using CAN remains unarmed

AQ arms but ESC32 using CAN remains unarmed

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

AQ arms but ESC32 using CAN remains unarmed

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi,

my new AQ is almost ready for the maiden flight.
While testing everything is OK, I noticed that the my ESC32 which are connected through CAN are not reacting.
If I arm the copter, I see that the LED on the AQ is ging solid green and the telemetry clearly tells me the copter is armed, but the ESC32 remain in red blinking state, thus they are not armed.
What can be the reason for this? I have connected CANH and CANL as described in the documentation, also connecting 5V from the ESC32 to 5V on one of the AQ port.
GND should not be necessary, I mean they all share the same GND from the battery so this should already be connected.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Re: AQ arms but ESC32 using CAN remains unarmed

Postby chschmid » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi Duke
Did you config the AQ (in GCS) to use CAN?
Did you give ea ESC32 a CAN port Number?
What is the resistance on your CAN bus? Please measure. It has to be 60 Ohm or close.

What does the GCS tell you when powering up/resting AQ in terms of CAN?

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:43 pm

Hi Christof,

Yes, I configured AQ to use CAN. In QGC for all 4 mixing entries I have set type to CAN and the ID 1 to 4.
The ESC32 have been set up with the corresponding IDs.
Measuring the resistance between CANH and CANL with everything connected I get 59.9Ohm so this is correct as well.

I am not sure about your last question. Where I should see this?
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby chschmid » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:05 pm

In GCS you see the supervisor comments via mavlink. Ea CAN node is mentioned as found or not found.
What FW are you running (FC and ESC32)?
Whats your MOT_CANL and MOT_FRAME values?
chschmid

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Hi Christof,

AQ Version is (MAV 106) AQ FW ver: 7.0 - EXPR rev416 b1794, HW ver: 6 rev1 from Menno with HoTT Telemetry enabled.
ESC32 FW Version is ESC32v20r49
MOT_CANL is 15
MOT_FRAME 6.16482e-39

Where should I see the supervisor comments via mavlink in QGC?
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby chschmid » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Good.
Maybe you want to flash the ESC's to R57.
And here (communication Console) you can see whats going on:

Edit: Did you remove the SD Card with an esc32.txt on it?. If not, the params will be loaded to the ESC32 at ea boot.
Attachments
Mavlink log.JPG
FC freeze.JPG
chschmid

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:49 pm

Hi Christof,

That is what i can see:
Jean-Log2.png

It seems CAN is enabled, but I have some issue either with the configuration of my ESC32 or the connection between AQ and the ESC is not working like it should.
Any idea what it could be? I have checked again the connections and they are working perfectly.
So maybe the configuration of the ESC?
I will have to check that tomorrow, it is late and has a long day.
I need some rest and check again everything calmly.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:51 pm

I did not put any such file on the SD-card, so this should not be the cause of the issue, but i will check the SD-Card tomorrow as well.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:01 pm

Just checked one of the ESC32 and it has clearly the CAN ID 4 as expected.
I will have to check all of them, but at least CAN ID 4 should have been found, except my connections are not right. I will check that again.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby chschmid » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:03 pm

Looks good. FC seems to be set right. Check the CAN Bus (CANL - CANL & CANH- CANH) for correct wiring, Use r57 and check the settings of the ESCs. Might be Address 0 in the ESC32. Then you should be good. Measure the bus resistance (60Ohm) with everything wired but not powered.
chschmid

Next

Return to Connections