[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Binary HoTT Telemetry working but no text mode

Binary HoTT Telemetry working but no text mode

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Binary HoTT Telemetry working but no text mode

Postby r0sewhite » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:37 am

Got a MX20 and GR-12L today to try out Mav2HoTT. After the setup was done, I've got all sensors except of ESC checked and the binary screens show all information such as voltage, number of satellites and flight mode.

Not so the text mode: I can only scroll through "Receiver", "RX Free Mixer" and "CH Reverse". None of the AQ related pages appear. Radio and receiver are updated to the latest firmware which was 1.182 for the radio and 1.80 for the receiver.

Any idea how to solve the problem?
r0sewhite

Re: Binary HoTT Telemetry working but no text mode

Postby r0sewhite » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Problem solved: Obviously GR-12L is not able to show text telemetry. Only binary. Swapped the receiver with a normal GR-12 and everything works as expected.
r0sewhite

Postby joebar.rc » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:48 am

Hi Tilman,

The 12L is capable of displaying text telemetry for sure, I have an 12L on my M4 nano.
But.. it act a bit different, although the protocol is the same, I noticed some small differences especially in the text mode.
In the readme file of the hott I explain a tunable param. In short, the Hott_telemetry param is default set on 800 (representing a protocol delay between characters of 800ns / 0.8us) and my 12L works best when set on 600. Lower than 500 will end the telemetry. If you still want to use a 'L' you can tune that param.
But.. given the fact that the L is causing some changes and is basically a stripped down version (firmware wise) I would also go with the normal.

Menno
joebar.rc

Postby r0sewhite » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:44 am

Hi Menno,

thanks, good to know. I tried to get it working by tuning HOTT_TELEMETRY but I only tried down to 640 or so.

The facts that even the "RX Dataview" page is missing (which is not an AQ related page) and that binary telemetry is working led me to the conclusion that the problem is not the communication between AQ and RX.
r0sewhite

Postby joebar.rc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:08 am

Yes, you're right. The light version has 3 pages instead of a normal hott receiver with 6 pages. After those pages you should see e first AQ hott telemetry.
One thing I remember is that the light is acting the same as a MZ transmitter. In text mode you probably should select the electric air module as module.

On a mx transmitter:
Press the esc button until the receiver text page is displayed.
Than press the left down button, in the same pad as the esc button.
Select electric air module, it defaults to the receiver.
When selected, now try to walk through the pages, if you see a > sign in the upper right corner when you reach screen 3, you should now be able to see the first HoTT telemetry text screen.

But as said, the L version acts a bit different :)

Menno
joebar.rc

Return to Connections