[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - FrSky Taranis Telemetry via sPort

FrSky Taranis Telemetry via sPort

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: FrSky Taranis Telemetry via sPort

Postby Max » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:36 pm

Hi guys, thanks for checking it out.

Are you sure the fw is installed and running at all? The default Teensy fw also blinks the LED, doesn't it?

Connect a serial adapter and terminal to TX3/RX3 (115200 8N1) to get a command line (like shown in my hookup diagram). There's a number of diagnostics, just type "help" at the prompt. This will at least verify that the firmware is running. "dump" and "timing" may give you a clue about what is going on.

The Mavlink and FrSky default baud rates are correct, unless you changed the AQ default for some reason. Don't mess with FRSKY_BAUD.

For compiling you do need Mavlink headers installed, plus a special include file to fool the idiot Arduino IDE into acting like a real compiler.

All the Mavlink includes you can get from here: https://github.com/AutoQuad/mavlink/tree/master/include

Put the contents of that "include" folder in your personal or global Arduino Libraries folder, in a folder named "mavlink_arduino". Then throw the .h file attached here into the root of your "mavlink_arduino" folder.

Open the MTA.ino project and you now should be able to add "mavlink_arduino" Library to the project using the Arduino IDE. Actually if all the paths match, you might not even need to do that, but it shouldn't hurt.

You'll probably still get a ton of errors, because I don't compile it this way, but it's a good start... :lol: j/k, I have tried it that way a couple of times and it seemed to work. Obviously you need everything else installed and configured correctly, like Teensyduino.

HTH,
-Max
Attachments
mavlink_arduino.h
(309 Bytes) Downloaded 799 times
Max

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:10 pm

kinderkram

Postby johannes3154 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:18 pm

Hey guys, with those mavlink includes and the mavlink_arduino.h file i was now able to compile the program without errors
U have to install teensyduino extensions in your arduino ide.
I used Arduino Version 1.6.3.
I had to alter a view lines with wrong paths.
// set path to mavlink.h file if it is not already provided
line 100 file MTA.h
#ifndef MAVLINK_H_PATH
#define MAVLINK_H_PATH <include/autoquad/mavlink.h>
line 30 file telem_mavlink.h
#define MAVLINK_COMM_NUM_BUFFERS 4
#include <include/mavlink_types.h>

@kiunderkram,
Did u chose the right board type in the arduino ide? It has to be Teensy 3.1
johannes3154

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:28 pm

kinderkram

Postby johannes3154 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:30 pm

dont get greedy :lol: , the good thing is it is compiled, but if i connect it, i get the famous 1hz blinking.
But now we can debug:-)
johannes3154

Postby Max » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:48 pm

Glad at least one of you got it compiled :)

But really you need to see what it is reporting via the command console. If it's not getting any mavlink data, or not getting anything from the Rx, it probably has nothing to do with the hex file/firmware. Most likely something wrong with the serial connections (a wire is reversed maybe, Tx -> Rx). Make sure AQ is sending Mavlink to the correct port. Etc...

The only advantage to re-compiling is you can change the console port to USB, which would be easier to connect to vs. the Teensy serial 3 pins. To use USB, in mta.h you can replace "Serial3" with "Serial":

#define CONSOLE_SERIAL Serial
#define DEBUG_SERIAL Serial

HTH,
-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:51 pm

Me greedy? Naaaah! I´m doing this for the sake of humanity! :twisted:

It´s only my second DIY project in a row that´s beyond my capabilities. Thought I was prepared by the good ole times of MultiWii fiddeling but I´m not. :oops:
kinderkram

Postby johannes3154 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:53 pm

Thanks max, this is what i was looking for (USB Console).
Before the Autoquad solution i had the firmware of the Arducopter Mavlink Frsky thing running for taranis Telemetry, and that worked, so i will have a look at the serial pins used for mavlink and will try to connect to the console.

edit:
Debugging Console works
Bildschirmfoto1.png
Bildschirmfoto1.png (12.42 KiB) Viewed 15886 times

edit2:
debug all shows the following, so the basic communication and mavlink reading is working:
Bildschirmfoto2.png
johannes3154

Postby Max » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:39 am

Max

Postby johannes3154 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:54 pm

max that was the problem^^.
I put the whole content in the librarys folder and the include folder was a subdirectory.
I thought i had changed all the paths, but somehow it hat an effect.
The taranis shows now the data.
The led doesent get solid, but i get 6 or 7 hz, perhaps i have to set "see "set vfr_strm" "
8-)
Very cool, looks really stunning:-).
@kinderkram, i can send u my zipped arduino ide and u can compile it yourself or i can send u the hex file, but i dont know how to get the hex file^^
Edit:
@max should there be a telem page 2? There is a message that says "here comes text from autoquad "?
johannes3154

PreviousNext

Return to Connections