[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - FrSky Taranis Telemetry via sPort

FrSky Taranis Telemetry via sPort

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: FrSky Taranis Telemetry via sPort

Postby kinderkram » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:55 pm

kinderkram

Postby Max » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:20 pm

Well the Teensy firmware wont do much good without the telemetry scripts and instructions. I'm away from those at the moment...

-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:07 pm

kinderkram

Postby johannes3154 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:29 pm

Is the release of the frsky firmware scheduled yet, or should i reflash my teensy with the arducopter mavlink stuff? :lol:
johannes3154

Postby Max » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:57 pm

There are a number of advantages to running SPort telemetry off a Teensy (or whatever) board. For one thing, you don't need special firmware for the AQ. ;) Updating the main firmware is always a tricky thing and consequences of bugs can be dire. With the M4 there is only one serial port anyway, so by using an external device to translate Mavlink to SPort, you can still keep Mavlink. Also you need a converter between AQ and FrSky Rx, and the only way to do that "off the shelf" right now, that I know of, is to use 2 somewhat bulky adapters which are about the same size as a Teensy anyway (the signal needs to be inverted and AQ Tx + Rx combined to one wire). There were some tiny adapters in the works at one point, but I'm not sure what their status is right now.

I'm totally pressed for time right now and probably will be through most of July, so I wouldn't expect much from me in the short run on either front. :( If Norbert can get the MTA stuff I sent him working, that would be my personal recommendation for now since it is geared specifically for AQ at the moment (flight modes and such).

-Max
Max

Postby johannes3154 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:14 pm

ok i missunderstood that, i thought i need a special firmware for autoquad to get the teensy firmware to work.
I would be absolutly satisfied with just a lua and the teensy mavlink to frsky translator. I dont wanna throw the teensy aboard, because of the lipo cell monitoring. :D
But no need to hurry, the current teensy firmware shows the most vital parameters.
johannes3154

Postby Max » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:23 pm

OK, glad to clear that up then. :) I'm not sure what you mean about LiPo cell monitoring though.

One nice thing my MTA Teensy firmware does is automatically detect any other SPort sensors on the bus. So eg. if you hook up a FrSky cell monitor (or voltage/current sensor, or whatever), it will let that data through instead of sending Mavlink data for those values.

Longer-term plans include being able to hook up your own cell monitoring (through a resistor network) and/or current sensor to the Teensy.

-Max
Max

Postby johannes3154 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:34 pm

https://github.com/fnoopdogg/MavLink_FrSkySPort
This is the github page of the mavlink to frsky software for the teensy and they connect the balancer jack over voltage dividers to the analog inputs of the teensy.
johannes3154

Postby Max » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:11 pm

Right, I think that is originally Wolkstein's work. But yes, same idea as what I was planning. I was confused by "I dont wanna throw the teensy aboard" part of your post... the voltage monitoring is not required. :?: Or is that just a typo/language thing? :)

-Max
Max

Postby johannes3154 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:24 pm

johannes3154

PreviousNext

Return to Connections