[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - MavLink2Duplex telemetry for JETI

MavLink2Duplex telemetry for JETI

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

MavLink2Duplex telemetry for JETI

Postby kinderkram » Thu May 29, 2014 10:12 am

Someone started a project, sending MavLink telemetry to Jeti radios or Jeti box:
http://www.devfor8.com/mav2duplex/

Might be interesting for AQ Jeti users.

More info and discussion here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2112910
kinderkram

Re: MavLink2Duplex telemetry for JETI

Postby r0sewhite » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:31 pm

Finally I found some time to buy some Arduino and test it. Basically it works. I've got a list of Mav2Duplex sensors in my sensors list where I can choose which ones I want to get displayed.

Most important for me is battery voltage and GPS satfix and both work fine. However, number of satellites doesn't work, it always indicates 255. Also nav height remains at 0.0m but I'm not yet sure if it's the relative height to the ground while flying in any mode or if it only displays height while navigating.

Compared to the Mav2Hott it seems poorly equipped but it offers me all I need. While testing with my Graupner radio, I never used the waypoint editor because editing waypoints with my android tablet is much more comfortable.

Main (flight) display:

List of available parameters:
r0sewhite

Postby r0sewhite » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:18 am

Meanwhile I have found some time and added GPS coordinates and HAcc/VAcc.

These Jeti guys are really cool because if there is no telemetry reception anymore (i.e. lost flight battery after a crash), the GPS coordinates remain in the radio display until they get updated by new values. There is no need to log these values because unless you turn off the radio, you always have the last known position of your model.

r0sewhite

Postby r0sewhite » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:14 pm

Hey guys,

I obviously need some help. Basically the Arduino code works fine. I've cleaned it up and added some telemetry parameters that I found to be usefull.

The original code was obviously written for APM and my problem now is that the armed status works very slowly and thus is not reliable. All other parameters are from the common mavlink library while the script gets the status from an ardupilot-specific part of the library. Probably this is the reason why it is so slowly.

A fast status update would be nice since it allows to program my radio for things like "automatically turn off audio warnings like battery low voltage warnings after disarming".

After checking the MAVLink librarys I have to admit: I don't know how to include the Autoquad stuff into the MAVLink library that came with the original Arduino code.

I have uploaded my version of the Arduino code here, including all necessary libraries. Mabe someone could help me to change the APM-related parts into AQ-related parts:

Thanks,
Tilman
r0sewhite

Postby PeterJohn » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:14 pm

Hey...thanks for sharing your informative content here. I want to use the same duplex with Arduino for my application. Is it possible to use this with Arduino? If yes then how?

PeterJohn

Return to Connections