[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Need help for different connection

Need help for different connection

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Need help for different connection

Postby Dju » Thu May 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi everybody,

I need some advice for different connection because I'm not confident with only the wiki.
First I don't know if I need to add UBECS before connecting my ESC32, I read that it's usefull, other says no It's possible to use the power of the aq board.. So I don't know what I have to do, what's the better choice.
After that, I don't know what's the better choice between using the ground and power from the AQ board for ESC, or just connect the ESC32 signal wire to the aq board and powered it to lipo directly ?

Someone could advice me ? :)
DJI F450
autoquad FC
ESC32
Futaba 8J + R2008sb rx
LIPO 4S
Dju

Re: Need help for different connection

Postby chschmid » Thu May 15, 2014 5:58 pm

What other devices are you going to attach to the AQ 5V oitputs beside ESC32?
AQ delivers enough power to attach the ESC32 and for exaple a 100mW downlink radio.
If you need more than 1A I would use an external 5V power supply.

Cheers

Christof
chschmid

Postby joebar.rc » Thu May 15, 2014 7:13 pm

An esc32 pull around 70mAh running on the 5v input. So for example a hexa needs around the 420mAh for the esc32, like Christof said, a small datalink or something extra can be powered too from the AQ, but be sure it stays well below the 1A please.

And no, use signal, gnd and power, although it will work, we advise to use the gnd and 5V lines.
If you decide to power the esc32 from the main battery, don't go over 3s main lipo, and even than use the gnd and sig from the pwm port.
joebar.rc

Postby Dju » Fri May 16, 2014 9:35 am

DJI F450
autoquad FC
ESC32
Futaba 8J + R2008sb rx
LIPO 4S
Dju

Return to Connections