[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ board can't be connected to QGround Control

AQ board can't be connected to QGround Control

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

AQ board can't be connected to QGround Control

Postby Dju » Thu May 15, 2014 12:57 pm

Hi everybody,

I want to flash the fireware on my aq board with a ftdi usb but the QGround Control can't connect my board.
The port com is ok, I put the power on main power to my aq board and the red led is ok.
I don't know that's going on, do you have some idea to help me ?
Thank a lot !
DJI F450
autoquad FC
ESC32
Futaba 8J + R2008sb rx
LIPO 4S
Dju

Re: AQ board can't be connected to QGround Control

Postby Max » Thu May 15, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi Dju,

Could you please describe the steps you are taking in detail? It's very hard to advise without knowing the specific problem or what might have lead to it. Also for example when you say "the red led is ok" please tell us what that means (is it on/solid/blinking?). That will give us more ideas to help you with. :)

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Postby Dju » Thu May 15, 2014 3:28 pm

OK no problem Max, I can do that :)

So first, I put the aq on power this my lipo 4S.
at this moment the red led power was on red without blinks.
After that I connect my aq board to pc with ftdi usb. I put a jumper connector on J4 too.
After that I check my port com and my pc find the ftdi adaptater.
I choose the right port com, the baud raid following the wiki autoquad.
And when I press "connect" there were an error, my aq was not find by the qground control.

I have an other advices to ask you, it's for powering my boards.
I don't know how I can power the ESC32s and the AQboard in the same time to my lipo and I don't know if I have to use UBEC 5V or not ? Could you drive me for this point, I'm a really bad electonician :)
DJI F450
autoquad FC
ESC32
Futaba 8J + R2008sb rx
LIPO 4S
Dju

Postby LPR » Thu May 15, 2014 7:43 pm

There 's two ways to power the ESC32.
I read you are using 4s Lipos so for you the AQ board should power the ESC32s. The center pin of the port headers can supply 5 volts if the bridge is solder closed on the AQ board.

The instruction are near the bottom of this page.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3265

Larry
LPR

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu May 15, 2014 10:03 pm

Jdmagoo

Postby Dju » Fri May 16, 2014 9:31 am

Thanks a lot James and Larry, I try what you say and tell you if it's working ! ;)
DJI F450
autoquad FC
ESC32
Futaba 8J + R2008sb rx
LIPO 4S
Dju

Return to Connections