[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jan 2015)

AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jan 2015)

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update: setting

Postby JussiH » Sun May 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Menno, great work. My DX18 is awating news about spektrum telemetry....I cant afford to blow out on a MZ24, but it sure looks nice.

I do adore both my JrX9303 and DX18 for the stick feel - after 5 years of hard use, the X9303 is still crisp. The Graupners I tried are not quite as good there, I think - but they rock on all other params and price, for sure and I am kinda regretting getting the DX18, but I make good use of the extra channels and knobs for tuning....and with telemetry its gonna be a Killer!

That native AQ i2c driver would be handy for other things as well...such as UltraESC telemetry/feedback and IMUs for gimbal feedback.
JussiH

Postby chschmid » Mon May 05, 2014 8:52 pm

Hi Menno
Hi Alain

Thanks a lot for your comments. Although I fly spectrum from the beginning, HoTT mz24 seams to be worth a try.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby phynix » Mon May 05, 2014 9:57 pm

15 more flights with the modified r380 + DIMU, no problems so far. I already got so used to the hott-telemetry, that I realy missed it today with my other AQ with regular r224 on an octo. A couple of times I tried to read the Voltage and the hight on the display of the MX20 :D ...

Also the waypoint recording works nicely. Only one thing: is there a fast way of simply deleting all the onboard waypoints? I couldn't figure it out in the old posts on that.

Is there a chance to get this features in the "official" code???
phynix

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue May 06, 2014 5:37 am

Jdmagoo

Re: AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update may 2014

Postby joebar.rc » Fri May 30, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi guys,

Big release today, something to test and play with for the weekend..
(download links updated, wiki page needs updating)

Update may 2014:
~ Updated to AQ7-r397
~ Much! faster transmitter key response in text mode. Found a way to first read the key and then create the text screen. Saves 1.5s every key press!
+ HoTT textmode Waypoint editor. All waypoint either recorded or uploaded can now be edited on the transmitter, change the type etc.
Last screen can also be used for overal waypoint managment ie: change all altitude (increase/decrease by x meter) or change all speeds by x m/s
+ First proof of concept try for GeoFence. With this option you can set a circular fence around the home position which when breached, the user control (pitch/roll) will be limited to 20%. So you still can fly but very very slow.
When re-entering inside the fence the full user control is restored. Warnings on 10% fence limit and fence breach.
+ On request the throttle factor setting is added to the settings screen. If needed you can quickly adjust it on field eg: using different #cells
+ Compatible with the upcoming AutoQuad M4

+ Big extra: follow me and fly to position mode enabled. When in position hold and enabled in the android app, AutoQuad can 'follow' the android device. Be careful to test! Android AQGCS v0.3.x and higher required.

Waypoint editor

Geofence demo
joebar.rc

Postby teramax » Fri May 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Menno, this is what i´ve been waiting for, big shakehands to you, thanks!
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby kinderkram » Fri May 30, 2014 10:57 pm

Wow, Menno!
Another big step.

I promise: you will have to have a whole lotta stuff to show off at the MF! :lol:
kinderkram

Postby phynix » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:13 pm

Again - it looks like a realy good job, many thanks!!!

I flew the old version (r374 I think) with the hott-extension for many batteries with 3S and everything worked just fine. But then I switched to 4S - and it randomly freezed in mid air shutting off al motors and not responding any more at all.

So I switched to the latest (r397) with this extension and gave it another try. It flew, but again a freezing while flying.

It is exactly the same behaviour I had with an other AQ with AIMU running the "official"-firmeware that was marked as stable. So I dont think it is related to the hott-extension but rather a problem of the AQ itself - somehow in combination with the setup I am using right now. Now, it becomes realy hard not to loose the thrust in this platform :cry: .

The log always stops like the AQ would have been unplugged while flying,
phynix

Postby DUKE40 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:21 pm

Did you check that you do not have any loose connection.
I noticed on my latest AQ, that I had a loose connection for powering the AQ, it seemed to be OK most of the time, but under some circumstances (lifting the cable) the connection got lost and the AQ was not powered anymore.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Well done Menno!!

After resolving a FW upload problem I was having with a dodgy FTDI cable (took me forever to find that was the problem) I have had upto around 30+ successful flights using Menno's native FW. I'm amazed at how well the DIMU flies! I use only default PIDS with tilt rate d turned down a bit and the ability to tune this via the transmitter is such a time saver.

I have now tried Menno's latest release and after another 10 or so flights have had no issues at all. (Except I forgot I had the geofence enabled :D :D )
Thanks Menno for fixing the gimbal commands during live waypoint flights!
Feature request, is it possible to adjust the geofence via the transmitter? Also, I see a polygon geofence in GCS, how does one use this?

I have tried tap n go and can confirm that works well haven't tried follow me yet.

Anyway a big thank you to you Menno, fantastic work!

(By the way, this release looks to be very popular already 206 downloads of the DIMU version!)

James
Jdmagoo

PreviousNext

Return to Connections