[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jan 2015)

AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jan 2015)

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jun 2014

Postby phynix » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:27 pm

I dosn't have a picture of my copter right now - this is happening on a big frame that is still in developement... some data if someone is interested:

flat octo, 1m diameter, 22mm cfk-tubes
x2212 motors with 11'' props (e-prop style)
ultraESC
Graupner MX20 (GR24)
bluetooth telemetry
3S/4S batteries
AQ+DIMU with hott-firmeware
power distribution and esc seperated from FC by both CFK centerplates (in total >50mm), all wires twisted, PWM lines seperated as far as possible from power-lines
(brushless Gimbal + video transmission)
2,5 kg without camera and batteries

the motor speed with this combination is unfortunately close to the resonance of the arms - so the vibrations are a little bit too high (in my opinion). But it flies well and this will be solved by the use uf bigger motors with larger props - as soon as the other problem is solved ;)
phynix

Postby r0sewhite » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:44 pm

Just watched my CPU load indoor after removing props (no GPS fix):
- about 75-80% in disarmed state
- between 55 and 65% when motors are running, up to 75% when I trigger something like WLR, Homepoint or RTH.

I will do some more tests tomorrow to find out what affects the CPU load.
r0sewhite

Postby teramax » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:57 pm

Guys i know this means nothing but let me tell you i fly Mennos creations on 5 rigs, one nearly a year and all together countless charges till today.
There are ESC32, UltraESC and KISS builds all on 4s.
The only difference might be that i am very economical with my builds -should mean when the esc is running also without the signal-ground wire -i skip it, DIMU telemetry out needs no ground wire -i skip it, when..... and so on.

But all this reports leave a bad feeling every flight so i realy hope this issue gets fixed some day.

ps.: i remember month ago while testing betas i found some kind of stack overflow what caused the FC to freeze. It was marked and fixed very quick. So let us hope ;)
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby DUKE40 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:58 pm

So the two reported cases are with more than 4 motors flat (hexa for Tilman and octo for Phynix) might be an idea to look into that direction.
I have never looked into the source code of AQ, but I know from programming for computers, that this might affect the load on the CPU.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby r0sewhite » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:39 pm

Duke, this is surely not the reason. Almost any of my AQ-equipped copters is an octo and I never experienced any issues.

But what I found out so far is that the HoTT telemetry adds about 20% MCU load, in armed as well as in disarmed state. I will go on finding out what eats my MCU's ressources but if I don't find the cause, I will disable HoTT telemetry.
r0sewhite

Postby phynix » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:57 pm

I have roughly the same values for the MCU load that Tilman has - just checked. Highest value was 85 - with motors not running.
phynix

Postby kinderkram » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:51 pm

kinderkram

Postby r0sewhite » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Yes Norbert, I kept in mind that it happened after changing a parameter by tablet but phynix and teramax confirmed a load of up to 80-85%. What I said is that I need to find out what kills my headroom but if I can't find the cause, I would rather disable HoTT and have 20% more headroom.

I didn't test the regular r416 but setting TELEMETRY_HOTT to 0 leads to 20% less MCU load.
r0sewhite

Postby teramax » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:02 am

somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:14 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

PreviousNext

Return to Connections