[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jan 2015)

AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jan 2015)

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jun 2014

Postby r0sewhite » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:11 pm

I may have found a possible cause: Last night and today while watching the MCU load I noticed, that either the MX-20 or the GR-12 telemetry kills my WiFi: No WiFi devices visible at the router anymore. No other transmitter had done this before.

This brought me to the idea that either the transmitter or the receiver (which is only a few centimeter away from the BT module) interfered the BT connection which ended up in corrupted data when trying to edit parameters. I reflashed the fw today, reloaded all parameters and flew 30 minutes without any issues.

What I would like to know is: When I switch off the Graupner radio, does the GR-12 receiver still send data or not?
r0sewhite

Postby phynix » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:47 pm

Whether the Graupner receiver does send data (I think you use SUMD?) depends on the firmeware version. They updated it some time ago to shut of the serial data when connection to the transmitter is lost (primary for the use with MK). I am not a hundred percent sure whether you can change that behaviour in the settings. But you can do an easy check: just switch off the transmitter while the AQ is disarmed, the RC-quality should drop to 0 in QGC.

Edit: You probably meant the radio connection of the GR-12 - I would assume that it is still transmitting... So you would have to disconnect the receiver before editing parameters... Now that you write about it, I had also trouble with lost parameters after changing something via bluetooth. But there must be some error checking?!?

I am using Graupner right from my start with AQ - also with bluetooth and Android for parameter tuning. As mentionned, I never had an issue while using 3S I think.
phynix

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:15 am

joebar.rc

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:20 am

joebar.rc

Postby r0sewhite » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:56 pm

I have had another two flights today without any issues so I guess, the problem is solved.

I think we can only guess what the reason was, though corrupted data due to radio interference seems to be a possible reason. Both, the radio and the transmitter could be the problem: While neither my Jeti transmitter nor my Spektrum transmitter disturb the WiFi, I can completeley disturb it when putting the MX-20 closer than 2m to the router or putting the GR-12 closer than 50cm to the router.
r0sewhite

Postby kinderkram » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:09 pm

Interesting find!
Only used GR16 and 24 so far but worth a test if they disturb Wifi, too. Could in general be a good advice, testing the radio gear against 2,4GHz units and see if any dropouts occur...
kinderkram

Postby LordPikaChu » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:14 am

I know that it's not directly related to your issue, but I remember testing causes of interference on MAG sensor back before I got my DIMU board (MAG was used for attitude estimation back then) and discovered that my GR-16 receiver produced very strange interference pattern only when it was connected to my Tx and powered from AQ board.

Maybe you guys should check this out with your Graupner receivers. Just leave the board stationary and power on and off your Tx, I could see the pattern very clearly in the logs.

I'm not sure if this persists with DIMU.
LordPikaChu

Postby DUKE40 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:23 am

Hi,

I have one question regarding the ESC CAN Telemetry. I had a short look at it, as my new Quad will use CAN for the ESC, but I am wondering what information is displayed, as I only see one value for the RPM, but in case of a Quadrocopter there are 4 ESCs, which might have different throttle values. What is displayed? a mean value calculated by the AQ? The max value? For the other fields as wenn it would be great to know where the value is coming rom and what it exactly means.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby kinderkram » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:46 pm

You should be seeing RPM/Wh values for each ESC separately:

kinderkram

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi Kinderkram,

which module should I select on the MX-20 to get this screen? I check GPS, Air ESC and Elect. Air, but none shows me a screen like this.
I have the feeling I am mnissing something, but do not know what.
Best regards,
DUKE40

PreviousNext

Return to Connections