[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jan 2015)

AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jan 2015)

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

Re: AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update may 2014

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:46 pm

Awsome, Menno! 8-)

Got your HOTT version working on both an AQ without and one with DIMU.
Took the DIMU for a short maiden on the Octo today but only tested basic functions, no waypoints.

Using the display only is a bit tricky. So we´ll add a BT module to the MX20 tomorrow and try the Android HOTT viewer.
Should make it easier to step through the menus or change values while watching it on a bigger screen.

btw: which fw version do you use on your MX20? And which channel do you use for Waypoint Recording?
kinderkram

Postby joebar.rc » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:22 am

Hi Norbert,

Nice, hope you like it. Currently I fly with 399 (is on the FTP,but not published). That is basically 397 but with a param that you can disable hott. Non hott users can now also use the fw.
I did compile r402 to check max qgcs updates, but did not fly it yet. Will do that soon so I can publish the update.

I assigned that top left back switch to channel 5 and use that as trigger. I like that switch because it's a temporary trigger switch, hold it for a sec and next..

Yes, good idea for the BT and app, I have a secondary telemetry screen, that hott box because indeed the lower screen is not the best location for a quick look.
I have my eye on the upcoming mz32, that is a mz24 with the touchscreen but a dedicated LCD telemetry screen integrated on the top... perfect :)
joebar.rc

Postby kinderkram » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:50 am

No luck with the BT module.
I went by your picture
but couldn´t get data transmitted though I can establish a proper BT connection from the HOTT Viewer.

Since it´s a bit unclear if you mean 4=RX and 5=TX on the module or if 4=RX connecting to TX on the BT.
Anyway I also tried swapping both wires to no avail.
Using a standard unit from Flyduino/Viacopter w/ 115200 baud rate.

Anything else I can look for?
kinderkram

Postby joebar.rc » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:16 am

Hi Norbert,

Should be ok. Maybe the protocol. In the hott viewer app there is a section in the preferences: transmission protocol. That needs to be on 115200. Please check.
And pin 4 is RX Bluetooth, no swapping, just as it says pin 4 to bluetooth RX pin (probably the first pin on your BT module
joebar.rc

Re: AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jun 2014

Postby joebar.rc » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:42 pm

Uploaded r403 HoTT to the download folders:
Biggest change is that from this version on, non HoTT users can use this FW (Support Follow me, waypoint recording, current sensor support, auto disarm if armed and not flying after 60 sec etc)

AutoQuad experimental r403 + HoTT jun 2014
In this release:
~ Updated to AQ7-r403 Compatible with the new QGCS 1.5 release and supports several new QGCS actions (reboot, tare, save flash/dimu etc)
+ introduced a param: TELEMETRY_HOTT. Set on 1 (default) is HoTT telemetry enabled, set on 0 HoTT telemetry is disabled.
Reason is the request to use the extras in this firmware without HoTT equipment.
+ Point of Interrest altitude in Waypoint editor. With this param you can set the camera gimbal POI. As example the copter can fly @ 10m altitude and keep the camera pointed to the POI object @5m. The tilt angle will now be
automatically controlled and pointed at the object.
joebar.rc

Postby kinderkram » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:05 pm

Great, thx Menno!

Will try it later today or tomorrow and see how it flies.
kinderkram

Postby chschmid » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:07 am

Menno, I need some support.
I can not even get sumd to work. In your vid you use a GR12, SUMD attached to port6, HoTT to port5.
I use a GR24, SUMD set to port12. So I connected SUMD to port12 (sig & gnd) and HoTT to port5 (frm UART2, sig, gnd, +5V).

Cheers
Christof
Attachments
GR24.JPG
Foto.JPG
GCS.JPG
chschmid

Postby Jdmagoo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:37 am

Hey mate,

You need to connect SUMD to port 8 on the receiver and hott to the data port (Marked with a T next to the antennas). Also there are settings on the radio that need to be enabled to observe telemetry. Finally, ensure your FW versions are matching between the TX and RX.

Cheers

James
Jdmagoo

Postby chschmid » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:55 am

chschmid

Postby chschmid » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:08 pm

chschmid

PreviousNext

Return to Connections