[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jan 2015)

AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jan 2015)

Radio, Telemetry, FTDI/USB, ESCs, Motors, etc.

AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry (update jan 2015)

Postby joebar.rc » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:31 am

Attachments
HoTT_settings_5.PNG
HoTT_settings_5.PNG (436.3 KiB) Viewed 50415 times
HoTT_esc32_1.PNG
HoTT_esc32_1.PNG (405.76 KiB) Viewed 50415 times
HoTT_wp_1.PNG
HoTT_wp_1.PNG (391.38 KiB) Viewed 50415 times
20140310_113048.jpg
ESC32 telemetry per motor
HoTT UART2.png
Possible AQ6 HoTT connections
Last edited by joebar.rc on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:25 am, edited 8 times in total.
joebar.rc

Re: AutoQuad native Graupner HoTT telemetry

Postby chschmid » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:32 pm

Wow Menno, what a tremendous job. Makes me think of changing to GRP.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby plexus » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:10 pm

Again very good job. :o
Thanks Menno.
Alain
plexus

Postby LPR » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:22 pm

Menno

Very nice work.

Graupner is not very popular in the USA. Do you know of other RC Transmitters could use your set up?

Taranis is what I have and it would be great not to have to use all the individual sensors with the AQ.

Larry
LPR

Postby joebar.rc » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:35 pm

I believe the frsky taranis uses more or less the same half duplex technique for the protocol, so part of the code could be modified or used for the protocol.
The actual data conversion is obviously different. Peter has a taranis and already modified my mav2hott code to display some data, so I guess it should be possible to port it to AQ.
It is however time consuming :)
joebar.rc

Postby kinderkram » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:50 pm

Excellent stuff, Menno.
The Graupner boyz will love it! :D

Waiting for confirmation or can we transfer it to the Wiki?
kinderkram

Postby LPR » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:10 pm

LPR

Postby Jdmagoo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:30 pm

This is great work Menno!

One thing I will say is the GPS accuracy reported in cm is absolutely fantastic and makes PID tuning a lot easier. I never takeoff now until I get an error below 90cm or better. Such a great feature.

The distance to next waypoint is cool and really makes you appreciate the telemetry. I can't wait for the DIMU to be released so we can try the other great features that CAN brings.

I've purchased the breakout board that Menno designed for the external current sensor from oshpark, just waiting for it to arrive. At $1.20 delivered for 3 copies who can complain.

https://oshpark.com/profiles/joebar

So many great features here and is one of the main reasons I purchased autoquad - absolutely fantastic work Menno!
Jdmagoo

Any chance to get Spektrum telemetry too?

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:08 am

Hi Menno,

impressive work! Well done!

Too bad that I'm one of those Spektrum users out there. Any chance to get native Spectrum telemetry from the AQ6 (we have a free-to-use I2C on board) or to have it bridged from your HOTT telemetry (on the external Mav2HoTT / LED / CAN board)?

I've collected some links dealing with Spektrum telemetry:
http://kesslerarduino.wordpress.com/201 ... ry-bridge/
This guy is bridging Mavlink from an APM to Spektrum. Shouldn't be to complicated for you to add this functionality to the existing software running on your Mav2Hott Board.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1726960
Most of the reverse engineering info on Spektrum telemetry originates from this thread.

some of the (still missing sensor info) is here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1725173

Since the pro Mini/Micro's I2C interface is free to use on the Mav2Hott board the external solution could still be useful for all the spektrum guys (besides signaling only when Hott comes natively from the AQ6).

What do you think?
I will have the TM1000 telemetry with (at the moment) external GPS and capacity Sensor (bought one of those http://www.rctronix.de/wp/?p=163) on my CamCruiser and I could aid you in testing (and maybe coding) the telemetry stuff.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby joebar.rc » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Ho Joerg,

Have to read all the stuff you posted, cannot comment yet on it :) My most used transmitter is a JR DXM-9 (spektrum) but from the pre-telemetry era so I don''t have HW that is usable. Have to see if it is straightforward to develop..
At least the interface is i2c and no slow bitbanging uart on the arduino.

Menno
joebar.rc

Next

Return to Connections